DEMO: You don't win friends without demoes.

Pauleo1214

In one of my moments of clarity I decided to make a usable pedal. This one combines the Shika Fuzz and Crystal Drive in parallel. I like doing combo builds because of the possibilities. While series has its place, it can be limiting, with the last pedal having the most effect.

A parallel overdrive and distortion creates a whole new textured sound that combines the midrange cut of the overdrive with the thunderous wooliness of the fuzz depending on how you mix the volumes of the two. Furthermore, by blending the clean signal from the amp, it can be huge sounding.

Does somebody want to borrow this to film a demo? My lane butt won't do it justice.

20220225_182626.jpg

20220225_182605.jpg

In one of my moments of clarity I decided to make a usable pedal. This one combines the Shika Fuzz and Crystal Drive in parallel. I like doing combo builds because of the possibilities. While series has its place, it can be limiting, with the last pedal having the most effect.

A parallel overdrive and distortion creates a whole new textured sound that combines the midrange cut of the overdrive with the thunderous wooliness of the fuzz depending on how you mix the volumes of the two. Furthermore, by blending the clean signal from the amp, it can be huge sounding.

Does somebody want to borrow this to film a demo? My lane butt won't do it justice.

View attachment 23510

View attachment 23511
I could look and find out, but I too am lazy. How did you run it parallel?

I love your commitment to un apologetically push the boundaries in an absolutely chaotic manner.. well done on an other crazy pedal… just do a demo…. It’s about the tone not the shred.

The GPCB Buff n' Blend gives you a buffer which allows you to splice parallel paths within the send and return loop.
How So? I've thought about combining circuits in parallel, but don't know how to go about it. Guitar to IN and then out through the SEND into both effects and then back into RETURN?

How So? I've thought about combining circuits in parallel, but don't know how to go about it. Guitar to IN and then out through the SEND into both effects and then back into RETURN?
Lol, Of all my crazy builds, this draws the most attention to the how on putting circuits in parallel? I also thought my method would have caught on sooner.

The GPCB Buff n' Blend is a base level mixer. It uses a JFET circuit as a buffer to run your bypass in parallel with whatever circuit you put into the send and return loop. It is the same principal as the mix control on the Arachnid board. The send pad goes to the input of the board and the return pad goes to the output of whatever pcb you want to use. That said, because it is a buffer, you are not limited to putting only one pcb in the loop. You can put two wires in the send pad and have them go to two inputs. I think you get the rest.

Thanks for the BnB tip, I’ve got a bunch laying around. I’ve thought about putting the “clean” signal out to another effect to parallel blend with the “send” signal, but to clarify…

You’re “send”ing to two separate fx and using their respective vol-controls to hit the BnB’s return — so you’ve got two FX & dry… correct?

PS: just reread your post, yes, 2 FX in the “send”. 👍🏽

Thanks for the BnB tip, I’ve got a bunch laying around. I’ve thought about putting the “clean” signal out to another effect to parallel blend with the “send” signal, but to clarify…

You’re “send”ing to two separate fx and using their respective vol-controls to hit the BnB’s return — so you’ve got two FX & dry… correct?

PS: just reread your post, yes, 2 FX in the “send”. 👍🏽
Correct. The two outputs from each pcb get combined at the return as well. The clean blends in with both. You can control the levels of each effect with their respective volume knobs.

If you want to forgo the clean entirely, a 100k resistor will get you the effects in the loop only.

If the pcbs you wire have clean blends themselves, a 51k resistor allows them normal functionality.

Back