Derailer

Jovi Bon Kenobi

Ridiculously clean! I noped out and bought the faceplate when building mine. The thought of drilling and labelling all the controls caused me anxiety. haha. You executed it perfectly. Well done.

mad5066

Ridiculously clean! I noped out and bought the faceplate when building mine. The thought of drilling and labelling all the controls caused me anxiety. haha. You executed it perfectly. Well done.
Thanks, I appreciate that! Me too actually, I definitely took my time. Did the layout in photoshop, having a border helped make everything neat and straight. I soldered the pots to the pcb first, then with the toggle switches already screwed into the enclosure, I put the pcb with pots already soldered into the enclosure then soldered the switches so it made it a lot easier.

mad5066

Awesome looking and very neat build ..how does it sound ?

Mike
I'm very happy with the sound so far, only got to quickly test it with a strat last night but I'll be putting it through the paces tonight with different amps and humbucker guitars. It's very versatile and I like the amount of gain on tap. I didn't experience any unwanted oscillations or other nuances. The Brite switch can be a little noisy but so is the original and looking at the schematic it makes sense seeing what it's doing and the RC corner frequency values.

JoeR3155

Looks great. I bought the PCB and have this in queue (although I might not get to it for a while). I really like the knobs you used.

mad5066

Looks great. I bought the PCB and have this in queue (although I might not get to it for a while). I really like the knobs you used.
Thanks! Yeah I know the feeling, I have about 7 others in queue. I believe I got the knobs from smallbearelectronics but can't remember since it's been awhile and I repurposed them.

Chuck D. Bones

Beautiful front panel art, excellent build quality inside. I'm afraid to use the long-handle toggles, scared they're get stomped on and broken.