Diagram for 3 in 1 Order Switches

Just wondering if wiring these two order switches would work this way...

Attachments

• 3 in 1 Order Switches.png
    3 in 1 Order Switches.png
    720.4 KB · Views: 31
I don't understand your diagram, nothing's labelled (mind, I'm running for the door right now, will take a better look later)

If you search for order-switching you should find some pre-made diagrams.

With simple mechanical switches you'll always have one order that can't be done.

For example, swapping A&B and then adding a third circuit to order swap, C:

A>B>C
B>A>C
C>A>B
C>B>A

but not
A>C>B
B>C>A

To get C in between, you could have A as the outlier:
A>B>C
A>C>B
B>C>A
C>B>A

but not
B>A>C
C>A>B

etc.

My solution for this is to just use 6 switching jacks on my 3 in 1 pedal so with nothing plugged in you have the default order and then for the other combinations you just plug in patch cables, this also lets you put other things in between them which is nice.

You can use a rotary switch to achieve all possible combinations of three effects but using switched jacks is easier and it also allows you to put other effects in between.

You can use a rotary switch to achieve all possible combinations of three effects but using switched jacks is easier and it also allows you to put other effects in between.
Yeah, really don't have much room for a rotary. I'm doing a Mach 1 circuit, then a kliche, then a cleaver. I'm not too concerned about the cleaver it's just a boost so it's not a big deal to me if it stays at the end, I'm more focused on if there would be a difference in sound between the mach 1 and the kliche via their order...

Now that I know what the circuits are, my preferred choice would definitely be the boost as the outlier in a simple 3PDT (or 4PDT if you want LED indication) switcheroo situation:

Boost>Mach1>Kliché
Boost>Kliché>Mach1
Mach1>Kliché>Boost
Kliché>Mach1>Boost

Hanging mobile helps me visualise it:

hanging-mobile-pedals.jpg

Back