Disaster Transport Jr (stripboard)

SYLV9ST9R

Finally got around to finish this one and box it last night.

One of the first pedal I did was the cataclysm, and as I didn't know how it was gonna pan out, I had ordered a lot of extra parts. So, to learn my new hobby more in depth, I had decided to do a stripboard version of the pedal. I had done all except the offboard soldering around 4-5 months ago, but it wasn't working and, as I had other PPCB boards lined up, I put it aside.
I troubleshot it again this week, testing for bridges, checking if all the right components. Finally, I found my mistake after taking pics of the 2 sides of the board and overlaying the layout. I had a resistor 1 row off! After fixing this, it fired up perfectly.
Used an enclosure I had put aside after reboxing a pedal with a UV printed one, and just threw some gold paint I had and clear coated that.

It’s a bit of a rat’s nest in there and Lumberg jacks could have helped, but I'm pretty happy with it. I'm probably going to stick to pcb though, except for one smaller project in the near future.

IMG_7235.jpg IMG_7234.jpg

Last edited:
Congrats. This is a build I would like to do soon. PCBs sure make life easier. I think everyone should do a few strip/vero/perf builds. I feel like it helps the understanding of how the schematics flow and gives a huge appreciation to the work the PcB makers do.

Back