Do any of you play live, and what genre of music is it?

TheSin

I’m currently in 2 bands. We play live pretty frequently...well, at least until this virus thing happened.
One band is an acoustic trio, we mostly do classic rock but mix in some country, rock...and anything drunk people will sing to.
Second band is pretty much all 80s pop and rock. We got 4 vocalists, 2 are females so we get to do some B52s, Blondie, GoGo’s, etc....lots of fun!!
Anyway, hoping you all are well and we can put all this crud behind asap and get back to playing.
Be safe y’all!

HamishR

Not for a couple of years, but the last band I was in was an all-original Jump-blues/rockabilly kinda band. A LOT of fun! Before that I've played in standard rockabilly bands, a kind of original swampy psycho-billy/dirty blues band (most fun I've ever had in a band - we had an outstanding singer), a hard, slow, almost gothic band which became quite popular, and various indy style bands. In some bands we got to support some great acts which was fun too. Apart from the rockabilly most of the bands I have played in have been weird in some way - mostly in a good way!

TheSin

Not for a couple of years, but the last band I was in was an all-original Jump-blues/rockabilly kinda band. A LOT of fun! Before that I've played in standard rockabilly bands, a kind of original swampy psycho-billy/dirty blues band (most fun I've ever had in a band - we had an outstanding singer), a hard, slow, almost gothic band which became quite popular, and various indy style bands. In some bands we got to support some great acts which was fun too. Apart from the rockabilly most of the bands I have played in have been weird in some way - mostly in a good way!
Sounds like alot of fun!

Definitely missing out on band practice right now for the group I'm in!

We've been gearing up to record an album, too. Gotta keep up with my chops until things clear up. Maybe by then, Universal Audio will release their new DAW that I've been waiting on...

mywmyw

I play in a few groups - one is a jammy powerpop group called Grand Ambassador:

Another is a hip hop / jazz group called global soundwaves:

I also play in a couple top 40 / country type cover bands. My MDMA, Bogner Lagrange, Brown Betty, Flashback x4, and Gauss Drive are the heavy hitters on my board. They are in constant use at most of my gigs with all four groups.

I also write and record my own stuff:

https://soundcloud.com/mywmyw

DGWVI

Been a while since I've been in a band. The last gigging outfit I played with, I was singing/ screeching for a local black metal band. Otherwise, I generally just play scuzzy noisepunk