Double checking Pot and Kettle Boost/Preamp Behaviour

Idlebeach

Edit : Read another post where they talked about the switches and they mentioned the boost toggle does engage the preamp knob. Sorry for the extra post! Not sure I can delete this.

Howdy again partners!

I built the Pot and Kettle recently and I'm not totally sure if it is behaving correctly. The switches and knobs all seem to do something except the preamp knob only functions when the boost switch is on. Perhaps that is correct? I noticed a lot of black boxes don't have switches but they do have a preamp knob - I assume that means the boost is on internally at default? Or mine has an issue...

Thanks!

Last edited:
It would almost make sense to have a separate footswitch for the boost wouldn't it? If I liked it enough I would probably build a P+K in a 1590BB with the extra footswitch for just that. The other toggles I just leave to the left. Again, If I were to build another I'd probably just hardwire those to their left-most positions and not have toggles on the box. Having both presence and treble always seems a bit redundant. I'd rather have a bass control than a presence.

Back