double Jeapardy boost quick question(please delete thread)

swelchy

Finished a build and I get no bypass or signal... I think I remember the charge pump having a place on the back of the board to solder if using a different charge pump... I have the 1044 in there.. was I supposed to bridge those pads? what other charge pump is compatible? Haven't unboxed it yet to troubleshoot because it dawned on me I remeber seeing that on the back of the board and told myself to look into it it before boxing... well here we are.. I boxed it..lol

If it’s a true bypass effect and you have no bypass, that has nothing to do with the PCB. That’s going to be wiring or your foot switch.

there's no schematic posted yet... so I imagine this has a buffer of some sorts
so does anyone know about the charge pump pads specifically?

Imagining is not science! I’ll try again…. Was your pcb labeled with buffered bypass pads or true? How did you wire the foot switch? Both types have different wiring schemes. Pictures are a basic requirement for troubleshooting. The charge pump and those pads are not a concern (yet)

It doesn’t include a 3pdt daughterboard, and it’s got the usual 4 pads, so it’s gotta be true bypass. All of the buffered bypass pedals come with a daughterboard.

Imagining is not science! I’ll try again…. Was your pcb labeled with buffered bypass pads or true? How did you wire the foot switch? Both types have different wiring schemes. Pictures are a basic requirement for troubleshooting. The charge pump and those pads are not a concern (yet)
There's science involved in pedal building? Damn, I've been faking it.....

I’ve abandoned the thread and will revisit with a proper troubleshooting one later… I really just wanted to know if I was supposed to solder the pads on back of pcb with a 1044 charge pump or if I can use an alternate and not solder the pads… I forgot that using those cheap 1/4” jacks that my enclosure won’t be grounded so I may have an issue there as well…

I really just wanted to know if I was supposed to solder the pads on back of pcb with a 1044 charge pump or if I can use an alternate and not solder the pads
Those pads are there to connect pins 1 and 8 to ‘boost’ the switching frequency on certain charge pumps beyond the audible spectrum. Some switch at 10kHz, which can introduce whine into the audio.

Back