Dream Fuzz AND Cepheid Chorus TB works, status LED lit, no fuzz. oof.

drumstiku

Hi all.
Im sure someone somewhere has asked and had the issue solved, but I haven't found it.

So, I built my Dream Fuzz and Cepheid Chorus, and checked all connections / solder points/joints. Everything LOOKS pretty much perfect, right? Well, I cannot for the life of me figure out the issue with this pedal. All resistors, film caps, electrolytic caps, ceramic cap, diodes, toggle, pots, 3dpt, AND ICs (and the correct IC chips in the correct place) seated properly. True bypass works just fine, hit the stomp switch, LED status lights up, silence. Just silence. Very frustrated because I've reflowed the solder of every joint, reseated he ICs, reflowed the connections to the in/out jacks & DC jack. Did the same for the Cepheid Chorus. Is the LFO status LED supposed to be constantly flashing even when pedal switch is not engage? Cepheid Chorus ALSO true bypass works, switch activated, silence. Can anyone tell me what may be quite obvious to everyone else that I may be missing please?

I really want these pedals to work. I just dusted off my 20+ year old Crate amp off and want to start jamming again.

Attachments

• DF_1.jpeg
    DF_1.jpeg
    476.5 KB · Views: 23
  • DF_2.jpeg
    DF_2.jpeg
    485.8 KB · Views: 25
  • CC_1.jpeg
    CC_1.jpeg
    491.2 KB · Views: 23
  • CC_2.jpeg
    CC_2.jpeg
    411 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
Just a question…where did you get your MN3007?

You have several melted caps on your chorus…..that could be the issue.

The 3007 and 3101 came as a matched set. I had a hard time finding those and I think they came from Amazon.

The film caps, those got bumped accidentally by my soldering iron during the install process. Its just the a little bit of the plastic casing melted a smidge.
I mean I did buy a whole new board to start the chorus pedal over again because I figured if I did it again, and it still didn't work, something else must be wrong or I just need to not quit my day job.

So I can already tell you that I’ve never bought those ICs from Amazon. In fact I can almost be sure they’re fake. If you need some and you’re in the US I can send you a set. Since you already socked the ICs you can try the real ones to see if that’s the culprit if not then you have the new board coming in.

So I can already tell you that I’ve never bought those ICs from Amazon. In fact I can almost be sure they’re fake. If you need some and you’re in the US I can send you a set. Since you already socked the ICs you can try the real ones to see if that’s the culprit if not then you have the new board coming in.

Yeah I just went back and looked at reviews from that listing on Amazon. Seems as though you were correct They are fake. Wonderful.
Its not a big deal to remove the ICs as I put them in soldered IC holders on the board.
And yes, I'm in the US.

Yeah I just went back and looked at reviews from that listing on Amazon. Seems as though you were correct They are fake. Wonderful.
Its not a big deal to remove the ICs as I put them in soldered IC holders on the board.
And yes, I'm in the US.
So I’m looking and I thought I had some but I don’t. Now what I do have is the V3207 and the V3102. Which looking at the board you’re supposed to use. I’m going to shoot you a pm.

Back