Dual Pedal Build Poll

I have an extra 1590XX and these boards ready to build, who should I combine?

• General Tso & Muffin

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • General Tso & Percolation Station

• Son of Ben & Percolation Station

• Total voters

Dan0h

If you could have a pedal baby which two parents would you put together.
I have an extra 1590XX and these boards ready to build, who should I combine?

jubal81

I've found that the most useful dual/multi pedals are the ones that share the same effect type, ie Dirt, modulation, compression ...
The new relay bypass kit makes it even better because you can go directly from one to the other.

Jovi Bon Kenobi

It's hard to say for me. If I use one I always run compressor first but sometimes I like to run a phaser after it, Followed by more dirt, other times a dirt directly after. That Perco is pretty wild. have you built one and loved the sound? It seems like something that would be a once in a while effect. But if I had to choose I'd say the two dirts, SOB and Muff...and maybe add an order switch. Seems like those would get the most use and you could move it around in your pedalboard order. Maybe the compressor into the SOB so that it could be your tone shaping box to then run anything after. idk.

Dan0h

It's hard to say for me. If I use one I always run compressor first but sometimes I like to run a phaser after it, Followed by more dirt, other times a dirt directly after. That Perco is pretty wild. have you built one and loved the sound? It seems like something that would be a once in a while effect. But if I had to choose I'd say the two dirts, SOB and Muff...and maybe add an order switch. Seems like those would get the most use and you could move it around in your pedalboard order. Maybe the compressor into the SOB so that it could be your tone shaping box to then run anything after. idk.
Good points. I have not yet built a Percolator. I saw the videos on the Land Device version and then saw that it involved so few components I thought I would give it a go with left over spare parts. You are right though, that is a very specific sounds that would most likely end up off board.

Dan0h

On the other hand, it might also be a good idea to have the Percolator in a dual pedal so it doesn't go off board then its always around for those moments of zen...

HamishR

The only time I build dual pedals is when I either think the two work perfectly well together or I'm going to use either one or the other. The first is for a gig board, the second generally for an at home board.

For example: I have a couple of ODs which work really well with the Red Rooster boost. So I have built a dual pedal with, say, my Gringo OD with the Red Rooster in front of it. I will use the Gringo as an almost always on OD and goose it with the RR at times. It saves space and cables.

The other version is for use at home when I know with one guitar I'll primarily use OD A and when I swap to a different guitar I'll use OD B. Having both in one pedal - again - saves on space and cabling.

So for these reasons I personally would be unlikely to put a Big Muff and a Compressor in the same box. I'm sure some players do it but I can't imagine using a compressor and a Muff together. Or as alternatives to each other.

So as long as I loved both the Muff and Perc Station that would probably be my choice from those listed. I would likely swap between them as my prefered fuzziness.

Dan0h

The only time I build dual pedals is when I either think the two work perfectly well together or I'm going to use either one or the other. The first is for a gig board, the second generally for an at home board.

For example: I have a couple of ODs which work really well with the Red Rooster boost. So I have built a dual pedal with, say, my Gringo OD with the Red Rooster in front of it. I will use the Gringo as an almost always on OD and goose it with the RR at times. It saves space and cables.

The other version is for use at home when I know with one guitar I'll primarily use OD A and when I swap to a different guitar I'll use OD B. Having both in one pedal - again - saves on space and cabling.

So for these reasons I personally would be unlikely to put a Big Muff and a Compressor in the same box. I'm sure some players do it but I can't imagine using a compressor and a Muff together. Or as alternatives to each other.

So as long as I loved both the Muff and Perc Station that would probably be my choice from those listed. I would likely swap between them as my prefered fuzziness.
Solid logic here. I think I will hold off until I am 100% sure which boards I want to live in the same house.

music6000

And the Gringo is what Overdrive?

HamishR

Oh Gringo is just what I called my much-modified LGW. It sounds nothing like an LGW any more! There's a thread on it somewhere - Chuck really helped out big time on that one and it has become my main OD.