Dumb question- dual effects loop switch

Just a few uses off the top of my head:

Switch two pedals
Switch two chains (loops) of pedals
True-bypass buffered pedals
Amp channel switch (depending on the amp)

Although it's not technically an A/B switcher (because it takes two stomps instead of one) you could use it as an A/B switch as well.

This is what I'm using it for at the moment (until the actual A/B switch is avaiable), to quickly compare two pedals.

how about switch between 2 pedalboards. Edit: I see that on the list above now, LOL
add two or more in the path and the possibilities become exponential! oh my....

Thanks. So I could use it to set up two pedals that want to be first in my chain and be able to switch between them?

It’s essentially a two loop version of what I built here. Mine is 5 loops but the first is used as a tuner mute. The pcb option offered here is great I may pick one up too.

Attachments

• FA599F66-E4B9-4B69-8763-CBAEF8BD0D21.jpeg
    FA599F66-E4B9-4B69-8763-CBAEF8BD0D21.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 31
  • 8A6C90E1-D2AB-4035-8592-CE171F6D1EEF.jpeg
    8A6C90E1-D2AB-4035-8592-CE171F6D1EEF.jpeg
    330.4 KB · Views: 31
I built one of these as well to test various loopabilities (see what I did there? :) )
I have so far done the following:
Used Loop A to bring a Chorus, Phaser and reverb in and out of the FX loop with a single stomp, and Loop B to bring an OD / Distortion in and out of the front of the amp. The sky is the limit for sure.
I have also tested / used it to put 2 sets of FX in the FX loop, Loop A = Reverb and Chorus, Loop B = Delay and EQ (the delay I am using in this scenario needs an EQ boost to sound right with the setup I have, but I don't want the EQ on the entire time).
Works great, and is a BREEZE to build. Word of advice, is as @PedalPCB mentioned in another thread... if you are using a 125b case (or really any for that matter) do NOT solder down the Input / Loop jacks at first, get the pedal set in the enclosure properly before soldering everything down, because it will not fit and you will have to make STUPID adjustments... Don't ask me how I know.... 🙃

I should also have read my post a little better before pressing send..... There is only a single "input" and "output" , so those uses I mentioned above were one at a time.. lol it's been a long day already, been up since 3:30 a.m....... But you get the idea. lol
I am building another, so one looper will control the front of the amp, and another the FX loop.

I connected mine to a looper and delay which spun off both a new timeline and sequel to groundhog day. That's me....yesterday....over there. Apparently the "other" me does selfies with Phil, but not Conners.

I connected mine to a looper and delay which spun off both a new timeline and sequel to groundhog day. That's me....yesterday....over there. Apparently the "other" me does selfies with Phil, but not Conners.
But the real question is, can the new you go to work for you, and let YOU stay home and jam all day?

Question: Can you engage both loops at the same time for more of a ABY pedal? I’m looking to replace my Boss LS-2 with something far more simple. Figure something like this might do the trick. But I need the ability to blend two loops together as well as being able to choose one loop or the other.

Yes it's two independent true-bypass loops. You can activate neither, one or the other, or both.

It doesn't "blend", but they're in series with each other. (eg: if both loops are active the signal goes through Loop A then through Loop B)

Yes it's two independent true-bypass loops. You can activate neither, one or the other, or both.

It doesn't "blend", but they're in series with each other. (eg: if both loops are active the signal goes through Loop A then through Loop B)
Would it be possible to mod it by wiring in a pot for each loop?

Would it be possible to mod it by wiring in a pot for each loop?
Sure, but... What are your needs? What do you wish to accomplish?

Where do you want the pot(s)? On the input to the loop to tame a hot signal going to whatever's in the loop;
or the loop's return to tame a hot signal coming from effects in the loop?
It would be attenuation only, unless you add a boost.

You could add switchable on/off buffers for each loop —send? return? Both send & return?

If you can get away with just setting the volumes of the pedals in the loops for unity (no pots added to the switcher), I'd suggest that — minimal as possible, less stuff to go wrong...

Back