Duo Phase LFO B Constant LED

chongmagic

I am putting together my second Duo Phase, first one worked great, sold it and wanted another.

LFO A works fine and if I toggle to sweep switch both will work fine. I did sub the B25Ks for A25Ks, but I doubt that is the issue. Looking at the schematic it might be one of my TL072s is bad. I did replace the 4401 transistor just out of curiosity and it still stays constant with the LED if I toggle the sweep switch, the sync switch seems to just make the LED brighter on side B.

I am still not the greatest with reading schematics, but it looks like if one of the TL072s is bad it would be, IC6B or IC5B.

No just the positive probe, not connected to anything but the MMD. Also if I pick up a washer and just touch one leg of a resistor the same thing. I reflowed the entire side, and the issue remains. But yeah I concur that there is a bad connection somewhere.

It's possible that R32B or R36B aren't the values that are marked or there is a bad connection to them. Try this: remove IC6B. Set the SWEEP switch to A. Measure resistance from IC6B-1 to IC6B-3, should be 68K. Measure resistance from IC6B-7 to IC6B-3, should be 47K.

Ok sorry, I was on mobile so it was a little harder, let me start again.

So I am only getting output on the B side even though the LED is not blinking in sweep B mode. I ran an audio probe on the A side and found that I get a signal from IC5A pin 5. I followed that until R29A and get a faint signal there.

So there are at least 2 problems that may or may not be related:
1) No output on A
2) B LED not blinking when in B sweep mode
Do you get signal at IC5A-7? If you get signal on one side of C14A, but not the other, then C14A is bad or has a bad connection. Same goes for R29A. Or OUT A is shorted to gnd.

Back