Duocast Transformer

Devoureddeth

I know let in terms of transformer use for this pedal. Unfortunately Mouser is out of TY-141P but I have some 42TM018-RC transformers which are also 10K/10K. However it's resistance is 550/500 (primary/secondary) compared to the recommended which is 820/1070(P/S). Two questions does the resistance matter here, and which pins should be for primary on the board? Thanks!

I know let in terms of transformer use for this pedal. Unfortunately Mouser is out of TY-141P but I have some 42TM018-RC transformers which are also 10K/10K. However it's resistance is 550/500 (primary/secondary) compared to the recommended which is 820/1070(P/S). Two questions does the resistance matter here, and which pins should be for primary on the board? Thanks!

Actually, the 42TM018 is a 7K\10K (P\S) transformer. (See the accompanying chart. Note that the 42TLxxx series is electronically identical to the 42TMxxx series. The "L" series is just a smaller form factor the slightly larger "M" series.)
42TLxxx_X-Former_Chart.png

Mouser currently has the 42TL218-RC in stock. Link: Mouser 42TL218-RC

As far as the measure resistance goes, that is not as important as the "impedance". Impedance is the more crucial factor. And when both the Primary and Secondary impedances are equal, the P\S orientation is not important.

Hope this helps.

Back