Duocast

Phil hodson

Another one In the bag!
Worked first time again too. Even after asking a completely stupid question on the troubleshooting forum! I must remember to read more about the original pedal!
Sounds fantastic on the 27V setting. A lot crunchier. The 9V side is significantly quieter but a lot warmer tone. Almost like a fuzz. Need a lot more experimenting with the settings on this one before I decide which to use.
Built as spec with OC71 in the 90hfe range.
Thanks to a lot of folk on here for the inspiration. I totally ripped you all off! Especially @joelorigo
A basic grey enclosure with an acrylic sticker and LMS knobs finish it off nicely.
Thanks to everyone who helped and inspired me.
I am still learning so much with every build. It’s a fantastic hobby which I’m really enjoying.

Attachments

• 457812B3-3D55-4439-B94D-49B5668AEC3B.jpeg
    457812B3-3D55-4439-B94D-49B5668AEC3B.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 181
  • 36EB6ECF-B476-42C4-BA6A-0E37698014C2.jpeg
    36EB6ECF-B476-42C4-BA6A-0E37698014C2.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 182
It should be familiar 😉 I think it’s been used a few times.
The guy who made it isn’t that far away from me actually so worked out very well indeed.
Im very happy with this one. Looks quite professional along side my other ones. The amount of home built ones far exceeds my company purchased ones! Which I’m actually happy about.

Drop me a line if you want and I can put you in touch with the guy that did mine. Wasn’t that expensive at all.

@AndrewDempsey, exactly. I purchased a whole bunch of them when they were on sale once and used them exclusively on a couple of builds. Just using up my old “stock”
Mouser are still way cheaper but I did like how these just say the value on them. That’s much easier to populate a board! Not sure there is much difference in the sound. I do know a couple of builders that aware by them though. So maybe that’s just my ears…

Back