Effects Layouts Great Vengeance - Shut Your Mouth!

peccary

I tend to build more/better/faster when it's for a purpose: the Ukraine pedals got done because of that, and so did this one: an Effects Layouts Great Vengeance.

Fifteen plus years ago I took bass lessons from a really great instructor. After a couple of years with him he moved out to Georgia but we always kept in touch on social media. I reached out to him last week to see if anything was missing from his pedalboard and he asked about something that could do some light distortion where he wouldn't get lost in the mix. I suggested that he take a look at some demos of the D*A*M Ezekiel 25:17 to see if that hit the spot and he really though that would work well for him.

I hadn't remembered until I was going through my PCB collection after talking with him, but I'd bought the board for this a year or two ago and also just so happened to have all of the parts on hand and it all came together pretty quickly.

I got to play with this for about 20 minutes before I boxed it up to ship. While this pedal isn't going to win any "OMG it's totally nutty!" competitions, it does give you the option to dial in a good amount of distortion while keeping the low end present. Since he's a working musician who plays live with multiple different bands I think it will give some good, flexible distortion options while allowing him to still hold down the bottom end.

As for naming it, well, after Ezekiel 25:17 and Great Vengeance, I felt I just had to continue the trend...

1.jpg 2.jpg

I have the grizzled grime on deck and just finished the mdp edgelord and that is a killer bass pedal

Yeah, the Edglord is something else, it's really a lot of fun to play with.

Do you have a Brassmaster? I ran the Edgelord in to the Brassmaster and it felt like it turned my bass in to some kind of nasty keytar.

These were the settings I was using, or somewhere abouts if you've got both:

pedals.jpg

Yeah, the Edglord is something else, it's really a lot of fun to play with.

Do you have a Brassmaster? I ran the Edgelord in to the Brassmaster and it felt like it turned my bass in to some kind of nasty keytar.

These were the settings I was using, or somewhere abouts if you've got both:

View attachment 26748
The brassmaster just got hit with clear coat this morning. Saving this pic and will go wild on Monday

Nice! I think i remember you saying you tried a vero Ezekiel way back that didn't pan out. I'm glad you took another swing. Still one my favorites for it's wide array of medium gain tones. Maybe not my favorite backed off to od territory but as I've said before, there's just something about this pedal. It's the only dirt with a clean blend I've ever liked using blended but I struggle to describe why.

Last edited:
Nice! I think i remember you saying you tried a vero Ezekiel way back that didn't pan out. I'm glad you took another swing. Still one my favorites for It's wide array of medium gain tones. Maybe not my favorite backed off to od territory but as I've said before, there's just something about this pedal. It's the only dirt with a clean blend I've ever liked using blended but I struggle to describe why.

You've got a good memory!

Yeah, I built one on vero and then tested it with a battery clip that was center-positive ( 🤡 ). I plugged it in to test and - nothing. I left it plugged in for a minute or so while thinking what to do and when I went to unplug it the IC was pretty darn warm :ROFLMAO:

I'm not sure what all got fried, if anything, other than the IC, but I never went back to it because it was very soon after that when I found this place and discovered premade PCBs.

I'm not sure, it just didn't work and was hot so I unplugged, put it aside, and forgot about it. I think my charge pump may have been suspect. Evidently I wasn't that motivated. I'll get back around to poking at it eventually.

Edit: Just checked, my sunndering actually works but I also did not care for the sounds and set it aside. It's my sunnbeam that is a mini hot plate.

Last edited:
Back