El Sol Distortion ( EQD Acapulco Gold) (fixed)

Crispy

Hello everyone, i have made the EQD Acapulco Gold (El Sol Distortion) circuit a few times on my bread board and the PCB from PedalPCB with both the LM386N-1 x2 and the LM386N-4 x2 . it always has the same problem. if i turn the volume pot up much past 5% it starts to whistle at me and if i keep turning it up the pitch of the whistle will go up. i have made sure each time my components are well with in 1% of the stated value my IC are Juried engineering LM386N-1 from Amazon and LM386N-4 from Mouser . i would appreciate any help or advice on building this circuit correctly thank you for your time.

i got my new chips today , im happy to report the NJM386D(JRC386D) sounds much better in this circuit than the LM versions ive tried N1 N3 N4. it will still go into oscillation but im able to turn the volume up a lot more before i hear it start to whistle. i think this pedal has so much output its just overloading my amp. all tho i only have use of about the first 25% of the nob as anything higher it oscillates, that 25% i do have is freaking super loud ,way louder than any of my other pedals, i can adjust the gain by turnning my guitar down .i may add a input resistance pot. such a cool sounding circuit im really happy with this one .(edit) i just realized im using a B pot and this calls for an A pot i bet that will give me a lot more usable range on the pot.

Last edited:
Back