Electrovibe Expression Pedal Mod

How would I go about adding an expression in to the Electrovibe and how would it be wired?
I can write up an explanation for you tomorrow if you’d like, but be warned— it requires a dual expression pedal and two expression jacks, which there isn’t room for in a normal build; you’d need to build it in a bigger enclosure, like a 1590XX, which might not be appealing to you. If that isn’t up your alley, you might prefer building the madbean harbinger two, which is built into a Wah shell, but isn’t exactly the same as the Electrovibe.

There are only actually 3 connections on the Vibe Speed pot since they are wire as series resistors then joined on the outside.

You could get away with a TRS jack out to TRS in on the foot pedal but you’d have to work out getting the gear shaft on the dual pot and making sure you had the proper hardware to mount the smaller shaft on the 16mm pots.

Shaft or collar?

Sorry, I'm not getting this. How the hell do you change out shafts on pots? I've swapped the resistance-discs in pots, but the shaft — ie the bit that a knob would normally attach to, gets a pinion, ie tined-gear / splined-cog / toothed-collar, no?

"...He's a complicated man
But no one understands him but his woman...
"

Shaft or collar?

Sorry, I'm not getting this. How the hell do you change out shafts on pots? I've swapped the resistance-discs in pots, but the shaft — ie the bit that a knob would normally attach to, gets a pinion, ie tined-gear / splined-cog / toothed-collar, no?

"...He's a complicated man
But no one understands him but his woman...
"

Take the black gear shaft off the expression pedals pot and put it on the dual pot.

Well why didn't ya say so in the first place? 😸

Thanks Big Monk. Sometimes I just need a good hit on the head to get the right perspective.

I can write up an explanation for you tomorrow if you’d like, but be warned— it requires a dual expression pedal and two expression jacks, which there isn’t room for in a normal build; you’d need to build it in a bigger enclosure, like a 1590XX, which might not be appealing to you. If that isn’t up your alley, you might prefer building the madbean harbinger two, which is built into a Wah shell, but isn’t exactly the same as the Electrovibe.
alright so I’m still in the considering phase here. But I am thinking of not having the second speed pot and just setting up the second speed setting as an expression setting.

So first I get that I need 2 jacks a dual expression bigger enclosure blah blah. Just not sure which pot lug spot goes where on the trs jack. 1-t, 2-s, 3-r or? Would it be different for speed 2.1 vs speed 2.2

Thanks.

Back