ElectroVibe Modifications Thread

Big Monk

You did great thank you! Yes those component swaps are easy to grasp.

What is the "junction?" Is the wiper the center lug of the trimmer? As in:

R16/R17 is a voltage divider.

The phase mix trimmer, along with the fixed resistors, replaces this divider.

joelorigo

R16/R17 is a voltage divider.

The phase mix trimmer, along with the fixed resistors, replaces this divider.
Oh I see. Thanks! I was wondering about how to physically implement the mod. Maybe I'll skip this one if it doesn't make a noticeable audible difference.

Big Monk

Maybe I'll skip this one if it doesn't make a noticeable audible difference.

It does. Worst case, just tack in the assembly and then use fixed resistors of the values:

New R16 = 75k + Rleft
New R17 = 75k + Rright

Where Rleft and Rright are the values measured from wiper to left lug and wiper to right lug after you’ve found the best null setting (strongest phase tone).

joelorigo

It does. Worst case, just tack in the assembly and then use fixed resistors of the values:

New R16 = 75k + Rleft
New R17 = 75k + Rright

Where Rleft and Rright are the values measured from wiper to left lug and wiper to right lug after you’ve found the best null setting (strongest phase tone).
Oh It does? Hmm. I'm just not knowledgeable about the basics to understand what to do here.

In post #97 you said to build this (pic attached) then "Find the junction of R16/17." I don't know what "find the junction" means.

Attachments

• ElectroVibe Phase Mix.png
    ElectroVibe Phase Mix.png
    88.2 KB · Views: 0

Big Monk

On the unmodified ElectroVibe board, R16 and R17 form a voltage divider:

1649915918586.png

On this drawing, their junction is at Vout. On the board, the wiper of your phase trim assembly would connect at this junction.

It sounds like you should just try the stock circuit until you get your “sea legs”.

The Electrovibe really isn’t a beginner project.

joelorigo

Yeah, I’m going to skip this mod. The others I am interested in are just component swaps (other than the speed LED thing we talked about earlier today) so I’ll do those. Again, thanks for all your help!

joelorigo

Switch numbering ❓
3 5 6
2 4 7
1 4 8
⁉️

While the connections you've drawn will work, generally speaking the lugs on a 3PDT are typically numbered thusly:

1 4 7
2 5 8
3 6 9

I only bring it up because it may help in future communications with other builders about circuit wiring etc.
Yes, thank you, I noticed that numbering was not normal, I was copying the numbering from a post earlier in the thread (#33) who was addressing the same topic but wasn't sure why it was different.