Elka Dizzy Tone

almondcity

I used @music6000 schematic and some pnps from smallbear. Sounds really good lmao. I crank all the knobs

I wasn't sure if c102 should be populated or not. It didn't seem to make a difference in sound. I thought since it looks to be in the charge pump circuit that I would need it but not sure. Anyone?

Attachments

• 20220513_084312.jpg
    20220513_084312.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 55
  • 20220513_084325.jpg
    20220513_084325.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 55
C102 is part of the voltage inverter/charge pump/power filter. leave it in. I love the dizzy tone.
I crank all the knobs except the timbre knob. I like all the way down for the scooped mids. What hfe range did you go for? I personally like lower gain units in this one. Like half the gains that I would use in a Buzzaround. Q1 & Q2 ~40hfe and Q3 ~60hfe.

C102 is part of the voltage inverter/charge pump/power filter. leave it in. I love the dizzy tone.
I crank all the knobs except the timbre knob. I like all the way down for the scooped mids. What hfe range did you go for? I personally like lower gain units in this one. Like half the gains that I would use in a Buzzaround. Q1 & Q2 ~40hfe and Q3 ~60hfe.
No idea really since I haven't tested these. I relied on the specs from smallbear so they should be in the ballpark. I tried a few combinations and went with the ones I thought sounded best. I can post which ones if anyone is interested

I love this mod. I've built four or five of these and they are just brutal.

It also works surprisingly well with bass, too. I like the timbre knob, but I also like having the sustain knob as well, though I do admit that it lives in the last 25% for the most part.

I have a ton of lower gain Russian NPNs that I never tried in that circuit and now have to on the advice of @Betty Wont so thanks for that advice!

for my future reference right now I have

Q1&2: Motorola SA862
Q3: GE 2N321

I'm debating between building a Buzzaround or a Selmer Buzz Tone with my remaining PNPs

Every fuzz is special.

There are Wahs in the world

There are Boosts

There are Chorus and Tremolos, and then

There are those that adore Overdrives, but

I've never liked any of them

I'm a Fuzz-aholic,

Been so since before I could perform,

And the one thing they say about Fuzz-pedals is:

They'll make your tone cosy and warm

You don't have to be a shredder

You don't have to have great gain

You don't have to have any klones on, You're

A Fuzz-aholic from the first moment playin’,

Because

Every Ge PNP is sacred

Every Ge PNP is good

Every Ge PNP is needed,

Under your pedal’s hood

Every Fuzz is sacred

Every Fuzz is great

If a Fuzz is gated,

Good tone is quite innate.

Hi Guys! I need help. I'm building an Elka Fuzz and I need some recommendations for the transitors as I cannot find any SFT*** type transistors available. Are there any equivalents for them? Thank you!

Back