EQD Arrows clone #2 completed

cdwillis

Not sure if this is really in the right section, but I wanted to share this little victory. I've seen a lot of people posting their own PCBs they've made here and after making fun of the Lone Wolf Audio PCB I had a chance to look at I had to start making my own shit.

A couple of months ago I built a clone of the Arrows on a stripboard. I was really impressed with the sound of the circuit. The pedal got loaned to a buddy of mine and at that same time I decided to start learning to make my own pcbs with Eagle. I laid a pcb out for the Arrows then had three boards made by OSH Park. They've been sitting on the backburner for a couple weeks and tonight I finally put one together. AND it even works! I put a 100 ohm resistor in line from power to pot (keeps it from going completely silent at minimum rotation) and changed the 1.2k resistor on the emitter to a 1k (easier value to source and also maybe gives a tad more gain?), but otherwise it's a pretty standard clone. :cool:

The wiring and stuff is just sort of thrown together because enclosure had a Green Ringer in it and I just cut it out then soldered the wiring to the new pcb. That's why the LED is on it's own little vero daughterboard instead of the pcb. Now I'm working on a pcb for an overdrive circuit I've had on my breadboard for a bit. It's somewhere between a Boss OD-1 and an Ibanez Mostortion.

Attachments

• arrows front.jpeg
    arrows front.jpeg
    203.9 KB · Views: 68
  • arrows interior.jpeg
    arrows interior.jpeg
    370.3 KB · Views: 69
That's fantastic man, nice. Look at sending your stuff to JLCPCB or elecrow or something. It's cheaper ($2 for the first 5 and then 5 for 5 after), shipping takes a little more time. It's been running around two weeks for me.

Awesome! Looks really good! The Arrows is one of my favorite boosts. Does yours add a little "sizzle"? The one I built (Amentum) adds a touch of presence that's helpful pushing some overdrives.

It's not super bright, but it does add a little bit of presence. I think the slight bass roll off on the output is a real sweet spot. It's around 159hz if I remember right. I've used it to push several pedals and both my amps (Orange OR15 and TH30) and it really makes everything sound better.

Back