EQD Avalanche Run

I would have thought the same thing about the Rainbow Machine but he cracked the code! My sense is that the main issue would be whether EQD did something fancy with the EEPROM programming or if (like the Rainbow Machine) it's all based on fancy stuff they are doing outside with standard FV-1 programs.

I don't believe the Avalanche Run is FV-1 based at all. This appears to be a much more advanced DSP platform.

I would be really interested in seeing one in person, just from a curiosity point of view.... but I wouldn't hold my breath for a clone.

From what I read the DSP platform was developed exclusively for eqd and was used on the pyramids also. So it looks like EQD is moving away from usin the FV-1. This is kinda sad in that there will be fewer diy accessible EQD pedals. But it's cool to see higher quality products being released (at least I assume it's higher quality).

The FV-1 platform is really unique in that it was designed to be accessible by hobbyists (and boutique pedal builders who don't yet have a DSP engineering team), the support documentation put out by spin semi is incredible, there are forums with lots of shared info, and there's a graphical version called SpinCAD. So even if anyone got their hands on the new EQD chip, seems like it'd be impossible to even learn to program it without all those resources the fv-1 has.

I don't believe the Avalanche Run is FV-1 based at all. This appears to be a much more advanced DSP platform.

I would be really interested in seeing one in person, just from a curiosity point of view.... but I wouldn't hold my breath for a clone.
I have one I could send it to you to examine if you want?

Back