Expectation: High/Low…

mnemonic

I like the parenthesis but I was under no illusions that it was anything other than three already-established circuits in one box. I quite like having a clean boost there for whenever I need it. Sure does save space.

it’s a good example of how you rarely become a successful pedal builder by making a quality or innovative product, you become successful by pumping 90% of your budget into marketing, get some YouTube ‘influencers’ to do a demo calling it the greatest thing ever, then cash in. Bonus points if you get a popular artist to endorse it, or make it a signature model.

SYLV9ST9R

Build the Informant 2 times. Tought it was « OK », but couldn’t see what the hype was all about. I think I’d rather play a modified Rat, as I have other options for low gain which is the sound I preferred in the pedal. Though I thought it sounded great paired with the Cataclysm Delay I had built at the same time. But with the rest of my setup, found it blend.

I really like the Caesar. Never was big on chorus, but this one fits my style just fine and it earned a spot on my board. Other faves are the Simulcast/Duocast and the Plecostomus.

Stickman393

Exceeded: the Robot/Roboto. Love mode 4's movement...that thing just makes me want to throw my drum machine through a brutal fuzz and get down with the NIN vibes.

Also: superheterodyne receiver. Mine came out sounding even better than my EQD version to my ears...great little bit of fun.

Fell below... The miniheterodyne receiver. Might be user error, but that thing does not track nearly as well as it's bigger brother, and I really miss the master volume control. Great little engineering feat, but I resigned to keeping the larger enclosure.

Mentaltossflycoon

Exceeded: the Robot/Roboto. Love mode 4's movement...that thing just makes me want to throw my drum machine through a brutal fuzz and get down with the NIN vibes.

Yeah that's my favorite dba circuit by far. I have been using mode one a lot lately but that mode 4 has been really fun for getting "extra out."

bowanderror

I've been kinda underwhelmed by the Duocast and Benson Preamps I've built. They aren't bad just that I haven't fallen in love like I thought I would
I'm with you. I like the Benson on bass with the bias pulled back a little bit, but not really much else beyond that.

My Broadcast sounds kinda harsh, even at low gain. I wish it had both HP & LP, like a Tilt EQ control, rather than just the HP as I feel like taming the high end would be helpful.

blackhatboojum

I've had lots of disappointments with commercial pedals but not so much with stuff I've made
Same here. My biggest commercial disappointment is everything by Boss, that I’ve thrown in front of my Ceriatone 2202. An Sd-1, 2 different BF-2’s, a dd-3, a DM-2w, a CE-2w, an Ls-2, a TU-2… all of them added an excessive amount of hiss and/or white noise to my signal. That amp seriously, does not like boss buffers.

Matmosphere

Same here. My biggest commercial disappointment is everything by Boss, that I’ve thrown in front of my Ceriatone 2202. An Sd-1, 2 different BF-2’s, a dd-3, a DM-2w, a CE-2w, an Ls-2, a TU-2… all of them added an excessive amount of hiss and/or white noise to my signal. That amp seriously, does not like boss buffers.

This might help with that, and it’s a dead simple build.

jjjimi84

That was exactly my experience with my Little Angel chorus build. “Hmm… it does a thing. On the display shelf it goes.”
That display shelf will gather dust and then one day you will plug that pedal in with a different amp or a different set of ears and it will sound magical

or not work

but that magical sound is why I rarely sell pedals. That magically sound inspires more music out of me than anything. Just my two cents

andare

I've been underwhelmed by two Musikding clones I've built. The Ampeg Scrambler (not enough fuzz and too loud). The Foxx Tone Machine was too scooped in the mids. I actually installed a 3 way toggle switch to increase the tone cap. I like it on the 15nF setting. Much more present and I think it matches the Danelectro 3699.
It's good now but I really need an octave circuit to sit on top of my Fuzz Face at any given gain setting without adding any gain. So next up is a Squidward.

I've also been underwhelmed by the Sunflower. It doesn't sound like a SunFace in the demos. Granted I don't have a cranked Marshall.