• General Tso’s

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Byrdhouse

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Constrictor

Votes: 2 11.1%

• Total voters

Paradox916

I don’t have a lot of experience with compressors but I did build a General Tso’s and I like it...But having never really played with a compressor pedal this is my only experience which begs the question what are the others like? And which is your favorite build?

Reactions: fig

jjjimi84

The general tso is subtle, the constrictor is a really great optical comp kind of david gilmourish. I like the byrdhouse it is the most compressory. I have the warden and the thumbsucker on the bench

Feral Feline

My favourite PedalPCB compressor isn't listed: "The Next One".

I've got four of the six (all six if you include non-PPCB boards); I voted Creamery simply because I've always wanted a Milk Box and can finally build one.

Least favourite would be the Byrdhouse, it's just a Dyna-Ross 🥱 (which cuts bass) with some treble added back in — not the greatest choice for a bass-player.

Paradox916

That might be something to consider given that I mostly play a down tuned 7-string... and not always with the gain cranked I do a lot of clean tone stuff as well.

Coda

I can’t vote because I don’t have a compressor. I am in the middle of a Byrdhouse build. I built it because it looked simple enough. I only want a compressor because I feel I should have one. I’ve been holding out for a PCB from the JHS Pulp and Peel, or Dan Armstrong Orange Squeezer…

Gordo

I like the Creamery a LOT but in a live setting I had problems with it. I need to spend more time with it I think because on the bench and at home it sounds REALLY nice.

Coda

My favourite PedalPCB compressor isn't listed: "The Next One".

I've got four of the six (all six if you include non-PPCB boards); I voted Creamery simply because I've always wanted a Milk Box and can finally build one.

Least favourite would be the Byrdhouse, it's just a Dyna-Ross 🥱 (which cuts bass) with some treble added back in — not the greatest choice for a bass-player.
So I built my Byrdhouse today. To me, I haven’t given it too thorough a run through, but I find the normal and dark settings too dark. The bright setting is the only one that I like…though I’m not really sure what to do with this pedal. I built it because I figured I should have a compressor. Now I just have to figure out why…

Last edited:

Feral Feline

So I built my Byrfhoise today. To me, I haven’t given it too thorough a run through, but I find the normal and dark settings too dark. The bright setting is the only one that I like…though I’m not really sure what to do with this pedal. I built it because I figured I should have a compressor. Now I just have to figure out why…
Why indeed. Chicken pickin' licks, Hellcasters' hail of notes, clarity in typewriter style tappin'... All things I've no ken of.

It should help improve sustain of a held note, but all it's done for me is helped sustain the emptiness of bank notes in my wallet.

spi

I'm interested in trying the Thumbsucker. No votes on it yet, but it's new so maybe not many people tried it yet?

The only compressor I own is the Orange Squeezer (it was a vero build). My reaction to it is it acts as a nice tone sweetener. It's known for coloring your tone and even adds some distortion. As a compressor it's pretty mild. I built one for my bass playing friend and he was unimpressed.

spi

As a compressor it's pretty mild. I built one for my bass playing friend and he was unimpressed.
It just occurred to me I should build him a Delegate, and take back the OS. I can probably find a better use for those hard-to-get jfets.