Stuff

So what is it? Custom shop? What are the specs? Do tell!
It's a '61 Custom Shop Journeyman. Hand-wired Texas special pups, '60 oval C neck, 9.50 fret radius, grease-bucket tone. Extra relic'd neck back (man is it quick). It's very light...I don't have the weight though.

Thanks guys! Usually, once I start a build, if I have all the parts, I can finish it within a few hours...drilling and all. It's turning on the iron that takes so long. 🤪

… It's turning on the iron that takes so long.
🤪
Try soft candle-light, a dozen roses, a magnum of Veuve Clicquot, Barry White in the background and rubbing gently with a mink-mitten…

Wow that hydra looks lovely. What's that enclosure color?

Also love the tele. If you don't like it anymore, send it my way 😎🤙
That's Tayda's light violet. It came out pretty well with the little matching switch condoms (by the way, those 'pop' a tiny bit of air when you put them on or take them off...I thought I had broken the switch the first time I slid one one.)
It may be awhile before I'm tired of the Tele...I think it may have magical powers, like Excalibur.

Hey!

The SOT-23 test adapter arrived! (why does that excite me? *sigh*) Anyway, it works great, so as soon as my sort bin arrives.....yeah so it turns out that you can't shove these into a styrofoam grid like I do with TOs. I thought about sticking them to masking tape, etc, but saw a groovy 144 compartment case....so it's on the way.

CLin3bl.jpg

AJxxx5g.jpg

Last edited:
I also built another little "cookie" jig. This one also uses a ZIF socket, but to hold 6-9mm pots for breadboarding...I've got some spring terminal blocks coming to test out as well.

3viqG7b.jpg

ta95AZM.jpg
That’s rad (why is that so exciting to me? Sigh)!!!!

• Haha
Reactions: fig
Send pics of the sorting process, including the 144 compartment case. I'm about to measure a bunch of smd JFETs.
You got it. I use a small database to store each (significant) component. I don't catalog passives because I'm not that far gone...no offense to anyone that far gone. ✌️ For FETs, I store the part number, Idss, Vgs-off, source, date added, reference (which is the grid XY). A function groups them pretty well, but I always check manually. It will graph any of the stored values, export to XL or delim. I've got 100-5457 smd to wrangle into that polycarb-maiden, and then into the grid [dramatic music].

One note, although this is a Peak product, presumably for the DCA-55/75..the pads will not work with the mini-grabbers without modification (go figure). I used some standoffs to make "turrets". The threaded 'male' bit at the top is a good place for the grabbers.

Back