Finished my Binaural build!

JUSS10

Finally finished this pedal after I had the PCB populated for the last month. Seems like I got it together properly without a build doc. I have my inputs tied with a switching jack on one of the inputs so I can run mono or stereo in. Left it set as independent stereo outs. Not sure if I want to add a switching jack there to sun to mono or not yet. Guess I’ll do some testing.

For now I’m using the algorithm from the DBA rooms reverb till I can get some stereo algorithms done myself.

Thanks @Robert for the limited release of these.

Attachments

• 412472D9-467F-4254-86DC-B4D45090E6D2.jpeg
    412472D9-467F-4254-86DC-B4D45090E6D2.jpeg
    459.1 KB · Views: 112
  • 6725B079-0CDE-4ECE-8F4B-90CFE09C619D.jpeg
    6725B079-0CDE-4ECE-8F4B-90CFE09C619D.jpeg
    484.4 KB · Views: 116
Finally finished this pedal after I had the PCB populated for the last month. Seems like I got it together properly without a build doc. I have my inputs tied with a switching jack on one of the inputs so I can run mono or stereo in. Left it set as independent stereo outs. Not sure if I want to add a switching jack there to sun to mono or not yet. Guess I’ll do some testing.

For now I’m using the algorithm from the DBA rooms reverb till I can get some stereo algorithms done myself.

Thanks @Robert for the limited release of these.
Nice! I had the same idea for the switching jacks on the I/O, Did you use a 1590BB or a BB2? Nice spaceing on the jacks

I’m such a noob to this programming stuff…so the algorithms need to be programmed on an EEPROM right?

Good looking build.

Very helpful to me as I just populated my board tonight,
save for the JT-38, and I'm completely out of B100k pots.

Thanks for the gutshot, especially.

BTW, did your board come with the 24LC32A IC?
Mine did NOT come with the EEPROM. Because the Binaural is so new, Robert hasn't had time to assemble the stereo patches for pushing to an EEPROM. There are several sites with some decent stereo FV-1 algorithms. Just gotta hunt for 'em. I'm reasonably sure stereo FV-1 patches will start popping up in this group soon enough.

Back