Flanger in a 125B

I wonder how difficult it would be to do a 100% SMD build?
Honestly not too difficult, but probably too daunting for most, and having to buy a bunch of SMD resistors and caps instead of being able to use stuff from exiting stashes will probably turn off a lot of people who would otherwise be comfortable with it anyway. If all of the components are on one side, it’s exceptionally easy to do with just solder paste and a dedicated iron or toaster over (I have one in my workshop specifically for wave soldering and baking finishes onto metal and stabilizing resin in wood)

I wonder how difficult it would be to do a 100% SMD build?
With the right equipment I would say easy.
Could it be an Electric Mistress with mix control on a 125B? I would love to build this. I have a Mooer Eleclady, but it has a little loss of volume.
that little mooer pedal is does an excellent job and is priced very well. But ya it needs a volume boost.

Honestly not too difficult, but probably too daunting for most, and having to buy a bunch of SMD resistors and caps instead of being able to use stuff from exiting stashes will probably turn off a lot of people who would otherwise be comfortable with it anyway. If all of the components are on one side, it’s exceptionally easy to do with just solder paste and a dedicated iron or toaster over (I have one in my workshop specifically for wave soldering and baking finishes onto metal and stabilizing resin in wood)
I’m very curious about the process of using the past and an oven. Any good tutorial or video on the topic that you could recommend?

Agree on the Polychrome mentioned above, subtle chorus-like flangers are the best and that one sounds like it does the trick.

I’m very curious about the process of using the past and an oven. Any good tutorial or video on the topic that you could recommend?

This sparkfun tutorial is more about the oven itself than really using it but still might be helpful. SMT/SMD assembly is so cheap overseas that doing diy smd boards has never seemed appealing to me, but even doing that is challenging in it's own ways that are fun to me.

Oh wait, you said 125B, here is one I did in a 1590A. It is Electric Mistress flavored.
1936-Cosmic-Rift.jpg

There's a builder on Reddit that stuck an EVM2 in a 1590B; I'm going to go for either 1590B3 or 1590N1 with mine.

Oh wait, you said 125B, here is one I did in a 1590A. It is Electric Mistress flavored.
1936-Cosmic-Rift.jpg
😻

It's been weeks since I bought a Flanger PCB and the only thing keeping me from going through withdrawal symptoms is a BYOC Flanger I'm nearly finished monkeying with...

...Are you by chance selling the PCBs for this? 🙏

Could it be an Electric Mistress with mix control on a 125B? I would love to build this. I have a Mooer Eleclady, but it has a little loss of volume.
Agreed. I have the Iset version of the E-Lady. My favorite flanger and it works perfectly for my rig. I’d use it more if it weren’t for my size 13 1/2 foot stomping on the whole damn pedal when I click it on. Seriously… I hate mini pedals. A 125b e-lady would make me very happy.

Back