Flock Harmonizing Fuzz - Arriving Soon!!!

Ironically I dug out my Mammoth Deviator build and was able to get a few of the swarmy sounds out of it. That will tide me over until stock comes back in.

Is this just two blue boxes with better tweak-ability in one box?

The PCB was designed for the SR2612F type rotary switches. (or SR2611F with the solder eyelets clipped off)
This one needs to be the 1 pole - 12 position adjustable type so you can restrict it to 9 poles.
This is done with a adjustable locking washer at the base of the shaft to go from 2 positions to 12 positions.
It takes a 3/8'' or 10mm mounting hole!

Awesome, really looking forward to building this one. Does anyone know if this circuit is a PLL? I thought I had read that somewhere, but can't find it now.

Apparently not available right now. It was until I went to add to my cart. I was too slow. Maybe it was a sign I need to build what I already have.
Yeah definitely am gonna wait and finish my 4th of July order before ordering one of these too xD. Kinda glad they sold out fast :p

Can anyone give their elevator pitch for the difference between the Swarm & the Data Corrupter? I watched a few vids and really liked the sounds in ThePedalZone Data Corrupter vid, but not so much in others. Maybe depends who's playing it? The Swarm sounds interesting too but again depending on who's playing it. Any thoughts?

I've decided to make an update to the Flock PCB....

I initially wanted to avoid a breakout board for the rotary switch because someone inevitably will install it upside down on the rotary, but after some debating with myself I've decided to go ahead and go that direction.

The rotary switch puts the PCB at a height where 16mm pot pins just barely make it. It's absolutely doable, but a little tricky to assemble.

Washers under each pot (inside the enclosure) can lift them up enough that this is not an issue at all, but in the end I decided it'd just be easier to include a breakout board.

I've also updated the rotary switch footprint to work with the solder lug rotary switches available from Tayda Electronics, since the PCB pin mount versions can be harder to find. No lead clipping required! :ROFLMAO:

If you received one of the first revision PCBs and would like the updated board just shoot me a message.

1659815628992.png

Last edited by a moderator:

I initially wanted to avoid a breakout board for the rotary switch because someone inevitably will install it upside down on the rotary, but after some debating with myself I've decided to go ahead and go that direction.

The rotary switch puts the PCB at a height where 16mm pot pins just barely make it. It's absolutely doable, but a little tricky to assemble.

Washers under each pot (inside the enclosure) can lift them up enough that this is not an issue at all, but in the end I decided it'd just be easier to include a breakout board.

If you received one of the first revision PCBs and would like the updated board just shoot me a message.

View attachment 30385
Saw this and thought they were in stock…. 🤣

I've also updated the rotary switch footprint to work with the solder lug rotary switches available from Tayda Electronics, since the PCB pin mount versions can be harder to find. No lead clipping required! :ROFLMAO:

View attachment 30385
Other than the updated rotary, if everything else is the same, I'll be happy to just stick with the first revision. No biggie. :)

Good tip on the pots. I might end up using the longer lead pots for mine to avoid any issues with the height.

Back