Free The Tone String Slinger

You have definately Freed The Tone now its out of that special enclosure!
Any idea on the material use for those knobs yet?

So we will see those soon I take it in the quest of getting to board number 500 and above...? ;)

Yeah..... that's what Mason said.... But if you skip to 3:15 is his own video you can clearly see they aren't even remotely the same circuits.

Somewhere, somehow, someone decided that since the NuX wasn't a clone of the Vertex then it must be a clone of the Free The Tone... There's even another YouTube video where the person claims that NuX confirmed it was a clone of the FTT pedal.

The NuX Steel Singer is a Tube Screamer with a JFET instead of BJT in the input buffer. There are two resistors different from a stock TS... 470K vs 510K, and 3K9 vs 4K7. It's also the exact same PCB as the NuX OD-3, which is marketed as a TS clone... They apparently just dressed it up in fancy Dumble themed graphics to boost sales.

The Free The Tone String Slinger is a completely different circuit.

VertexVsNuX.jpg

I though the nux was supposed to be a clone of the vertex steel string? At least that is what they think.
The balls of that dude making a video about someone cloning his circuit.

Downton Abbey Shame GIF by MASTERPIECE | PBS (GIF Image)

It puzzles me that he suggests the NuX is a clone of his design despite the fact that he's holding the PCB in his hand and it's obvious the NuX has an 8-pin DIP IC yet the Vertex pedal doesn't have any ICs....

Does he not know what his own circuit looks like? 🤔

It puzzles me that he suggests the NuX is a clone of his design despite the fact that he's holding the PCB in his hand and it's obvious the NuX has an 8-pin DIP IC yet the Vertex pedal doesn't have any ICs....

I believe he uses other builders circuits, maybe he doesn't!

I really like watching Rhett Shull on YouTube but the fact that he associates with this charlatan irks me

Yeah..... that's what Mason said.... But if you skip to 3:15 is his own video you can clearly see they aren't even remotely the same circuits.

Somewhere, somehow, someone decided that since the NuX wasn't a clone of the Vertex then it must be a clone of the Free The Tone... There's even another YouTube video where the person claims that NuX confirmed it was a clone of the FTT pedal.

The NuX Steel Singer is a Tube Screamer with a JFET instead of BJT in the input buffer. There are two resistors different from a stock TS... 470K vs 510K, and 3K9 vs 4K7. It's also the exact same PCB as the NuX OD-3, which is marketed as a TS clone... They apparently just dressed it up in fancy Dumble themed graphics to boost sales.

The Free The Tone String Slinger is a completely different circuit.
I will wait for your version of the FTT String Slinger and build that. :)

I would never buy anything from him as he just seems so untrustworthy. It really annoys me how preachy he is on YT and seems to have such a huge following.

But what about the case???

• Casing Design*: All of the parameters of a case -dimensions and plate thickness of the case – affect overdrive sound. We employed the best size case for our Integrated Series to provide the ideal sound. Its weight has also been optimized to deliver the best sound.

But what about the case???

I forgot all about their hilarious claims. Reading the stuff on their site again just gave my eyeballs ulcers— just five minutes of the page for the SS-1V exceeded my monthly capacity for bullshit to such an extent that I may never recover.

"Accessories : 4 x rubber feet."

That's incredible. Just when you think there's no more bullshit left in the bullshit mine, someone finds a fresh vein.

Reactions: fig
Back