Fuzz Face clone from Taya

JetFixxxer

I had it on battery, but decided to put it on the DC jack. When I put a cable in the output jack the LED turns off and the pedal doesn't work. I have PNP Germ transistors.

zgrav

the Twin Face board here uses a charge pump so you can put the effect in your chain, and it includes PNP and NPN circuits that you can switch between them. looks like a fun build that I plan to do soon.

zgrav

The switch is a 4PDT to choose NPN or PNP. Perhaps you could use more than one switch to gain the option of having both versions on at the same time -- but there is some risk that it would open a worm hole and send you back in time. : ^ )

JetFixxxer

The switch is a 4PDT to choose NPN or PNP. Perhaps you could use more than one switch to gain the option of having both versions on at the same time -- but there is some risk that it would open a worm hole and send you back in time. : ^ )
LOL... how far back in time?
Not looking to have them both on. Looking to have pedal off when I don't need the fuzz.

zgrav

The board will be wired into a bypass footswitch to let you take the effect out of the signal path. Check the build document for the effect to see how that is handled.

JetFixxxer

The board will be wired into a bypass footswitch to let you take the effect out of the signal path. Check the build document for the effect to see how that is handled.
I get the DA award if the week.
To Quote Curly "I'm trying to think, but nothings happening"! For the life of me there for a bit. I was thinking that the TwinFace only called out for a 4PDT, totally leaving the bypass out of it. I would have pulled out my head out of my a$$ eventually.

PedalPCB

Solder Sniffer
Staff member
Typically the build docs don't specify the "common" components like 1/4" jacks, DC jacks, bypass 3PDT, indicator LED, etc....

Off topic, but a few people have emailed me asking about transistor substitutions for the Twin Face... It is essentially just two switchable "Fuzz Face" circuits in one (NPN/PNP as noted above) so any component set that works in those should be fine. You might need to do some resistor value swapping to match the transistors, but otherwise it should be fairly straightforward.