Fuzz the Magic Dragon

jhaneyzz

I accidentally etched 3 enclosures with the knob labels for a Dan Boost (a.k.a. D.A.M. Red Rooster) and I have plenty of those now, so I set about finding a three knob circuit that I could do my Lovecraft point to point wiring madness to.

I decided upon a schematic (included below) of an Analog.man Germanium Sunface.

I breadboarded the circuit first to get familiar with the components and validate the schematic. (I encountered WAY too many dodgy schematics this weekend)

I used BC108s for the trannys.

There is a strange combination of resistor types because I plan on getting some chunky old 1/2 watt carbon composition resistors and swap out the one's in here.

This build more long, end to end, runs than previous Lovecraft builds and took a bit longer as a result.

I find these pretty relaxing and fun to build but MAN are they time consuming.

Except for "Tone" actually being the Fuzz knob and the Dragon's head been a bit too obscured by the Bias knob. I think this worked out pretty well.

Sounds great as well.

IMG_7510.jpg

IMG_7511.jpg

IMG_7515.jpg
sunface_suchahardfuzz.png

Each point-to-point you do shows more of your style than the last.
Bra-fuckin'-vo.
Also, those clouds look awesome!
Why thank you sir.

I am especially proud of the wire joins on the ground wire.

I'm going to make a sister of this pedal in the next week. I have some slight improvements to make on the positioning of the transistors. and the In and out jack wires need to work better with the "flow"

Back