FV-1 Development Board

SYLV9ST9R

Build Rating
5.00 star(s)
I was lucky to be gifted this board by our resident year-long-Santa @fig (and chief elf @Robert who provided the board with the soldered FV-1 and CH341A, many thanks sir!!!).
So I decided to wrap it up in a nice package, using the matte orange sand texture from Tayda. The paint feels less grainy than other sand texture, and I find the color nearer to the burnt orange (but matte), but I do like the finish.

I actually had it almost finished for a week or so, but was having trouble to install the environment as my old macbook won't run the newer version of home-brew, so I had do delve a bit into MacPorts. Finally was able to have all running last night, booted the old SpinCad and installed some patches and voilà! Works as a charm, so I'll try to cook up some weird stuff in the coming weeks.

IMG_2051.jpg IMG_2052.jpg IMG_2053.jpg

I also want to send a big shout-out to my fellow Canadian @Laundryroom David who stepped in and graciously sent me the 20pf caps I forgot to order. Thanks again and don't forget to cash in your offer ;)
Thanks again to the illustrious gentlemen involved, and don't forget to get a pedal to a musician in need of one this Holidays season! (at the least, it will be a good reason to build one more!)

Last edited:
Thanks! Merely standing on the shoulders of the giants here who thought me a lot.
I wish I had a better grasp of circuits, but at least I'm getting better at reading schematics.
That's also why I like this hobby, you can come at it from various angles and meet around the finished product.
Well said sir! I enjoy seeing how everyone gets to the end goal! We all have our own methods! Pretty fascinating stuff!

Back