FV-1 Tap Tempo Delay Code

phi1

After discussion on another thread, I'm sharing some code I developed for a functional tap tempo delay using the FV-1. This could be built using either pedalpcb Arachnid or Pythagorus pcbs with some circuit mods (attached schematics). Read the Intro comments of the code for knob functions.

The initial idea I found from the Babelfish FV-1 project. I initially started with the code that he shared, and heavily modified it to work with my circuit and overall work more smoothly, and add the tone knob. I used that patch for a long time without issues. I recently revisited the code and it's very convoluted and hard to understand, even though I spent a lot of time with it. I realized there's a much more intuitive way to write the algorithm, and so I re-wrote almost all of it. After fixing a couple bugs, it works just as well as my old version and uses fewer instructions.

There is an instruction line near the bottom that allows setting the subdivisions. You can have a switch for the subdivisions by a patch (program, mode, whatever you call it) switch, with different scaling on each patch. I attached a pic of this instruction line.

Since the tap tempo input manipulation is handled in the FV-1 code, it takes up a fair chunk of the available 128 instruction lines. A modulated delay would be possible, more advanced delays would not.

It's been noted that the Daisy Seed is much more powerful and would be a great platform for tap delay without the Fv-1's limitations and workarounds. I don't disagree, but the FV-1 is smaller and cheaper, so just putting this out as another option.

Attachments

• 1. Tap Delay - share on pedalpcb 7.26.2022.txt
    8.2 KB · Views: 129
  • Circuit Mod TAP.JPG
    Circuit Mod TAP.JPG
    48.8 KB · Views: 103
  • Circuit Mod Blink LED.JPG
    Circuit Mod Blink LED.JPG
    43.5 KB · Views: 96
  • scaling command.JPG
    scaling command.JPG
    19.2 KB · Views: 95