FV-1 USB Dev SPDT switch question

Jbanks

I don’t think the build docs for the FV-1 USB version is out, so I want to make sure I have the correct SPDT switch. It should be a SPDT On-Off-On version correct? I believe this is the same as the previous version.

Also, anybody else want a place to chat for FV-1 development/coding/basics? It would be nice to have a dedicated thread to FV-1 show and tell.

Thanks in advance!
James

That's correct, SPDT On/Off/On.

I'll create a forum category for FV-1 stuff, been meaning to do that for a while now anyway.

Sweet. I think that’s a great idea too! Hopefully I’ll have mine wired up today or tomorrow.

Good lord, that was a LOT harder than I thought. The square part was super easy, I drilled a 1/2” hole and used a triangle file to flatten out the hole. Overcut it a smidge but good enough. Now for the disaster part, the SPDT switch so that it puts the USB as close as possible to the enclosure wall. I forgot about the screw channel in the corner!! So all my measurements kind of fell apart after that.

Way too many drilled holes later, I got it close enough, and even that is still about a 1/4 inside the enclosure, but still usable. I need a little mini plate to cover the hole. I do like the placement so I can kick it left or right with my foot to switch modes.

But it works and sounds great. I’ll post a build report once I cover the hole and put knobs on it. Sounds awesome with the D3lay EEPROM thrown in for testing.

Attachments

• F1421F8F-D20D-4954-9C13-7823E747FB71.jpeg
    F1421F8F-D20D-4954-9C13-7823E747FB71.jpeg
    911.3 KB · Views: 14
  • 25057528-1054-465F-B989-DB4319E8FBD8.jpeg
    25057528-1054-465F-B989-DB4319E8FBD8.jpeg
    453.3 KB · Views: 15
  • 21324612-4567-48F2-B1D6-CEF95498797B.jpeg
    21324612-4567-48F2-B1D6-CEF95498797B.jpeg
    862.4 KB · Views: 16
I like the robot. I've had to make adjustments to enlarge switch and pot holes in a case because I did not allow enough room for the screw mounts in the inside corners of an enclosure.

have you been able to modify some programs using spincad?
I’m going to work on editing/modding stuff next. Spent a long time reading different software and styles. SpinCAD sounds like one that comes up a lot.

I’m going to work on editing/modding stuff next. Spent a long time reading different software and styles. SpinCAD sounds like one that comes up a lot.
Yeah much easier to use with graphical interface. But I guess it depends on how well you are versed with programming languages.

Yeah much easier to use with graphical interface. But I guess it depends on how well you are versed with programming languages.
Almost none, unless HTML counts. Lol. But it’s a good place to learn to start. It looks like there’s a fairly small vocabulary of code and commands (less than a 100??), so it should come together with some practice and lots of YouTube and forum reading!

Back