FV1 Development PCB

JUSS10

Looking to dive in to the FV1. I am really tempted to grab the FV-1 Dev board here but I was talking to another builder on reddit and he mentioned that when he built the board it was rather noisy. Is anyone else experiencing this? He said he had better luck building the Arachnid board and pulling the EEPROM chip and flashing it off board and then putting it back. If you look at the comments on the arachnid board is does mention that it was updated to fix noise issues where as there is no mention of an update on the FV-1 dev board. Can anyone who has built the Dev board confirm or deny that it is noisy as is? If it is, are there any changes that can be made when building or is it best to use the arachnid and just move the EEPROM chip back and forth?

Thank you!

The FV-1 Dev board can be noisier when the USB cable is connected to a computer but unplugging the cable would clear that up.

It's convenient having the integrated EEPROM programmer, but if you don't mind keeping an Arachnid open and constantly swapping the EEPROM back and forth that works just as well. The software for a dedicated EEPROM programmer is typically better than the software for the FV-1 Dev.

Robert,

Thanks for the reply.

I think I may just order both boards but start with the dev board. I really like the convenience of it all in one.

I’m fortunate that I have a retailer, stomp box parts, right here in town and they carry the FV-1 chip.

Justin

Nice! Can't beat Stomp Box Parts.

I have the FV-1 ICs and CH341 in stock if you need them pre-soldered, but if you can handle it yourself you'll save a few dollars going through them.

Nice! Can't beat Stomp Box Parts.

I have the FV-1 ICs and CH341 in stock if you need them pre-soldered, but if you can handle it yourself you'll save a few dollars going through them.

Yeah Ross at Stomp Box Parts is a great guy.

I work in electronics so I'm fortunate in that I have a reflow oven and SMD tools right on my desk at work. Honestly more comfortable with SMD than through hole sometimes. I ordered a CH341 off ebay that I'm hoping will get here aboout the same time as my Tayda order for the other components. Really excited to dive in to the FV-1 and also get on this forum. I've probably built close to 10 of your pedals so far and all have been excellent.

Back