GOTA/Schu-tone Rajun Cajun Tr2

Paradox916

IMG_1187.jpeg

Sometimes it takes me a while to find the time to finish a project, and this one started almost a year ago when @Guardians of the analog and @dan.schumaker made the TR-2 Rajun Cajun project, and I was graciously gifted the PCB and M5207L01. for me when I think of Trem the first thing that pops into my head is the fast staccato intro to Sevendusts Black along with others , And for some reason having that with the option of a momentary function like the VB-2 needed to happen. But I couldn’t find where anyone had successfully programmed a 12f675 for both latching and momentary function (if they did they weren’t sharing the code.) so I went down that rabbit hole whole having the most crude basic understanding of C programming, I was able to get ether the momentary function or latching function to work but trying to figure the code out to have both work I had this weird delay I couldn’t get rid of, and couldn’t figure out where I was going wrong, not wanting to give up but knowing I was punching above my weight class I had to call in a ringer so I reached out to @keyth72 for some guidance and help. Keith went above and beyond completely rewriting the code, I flashed it to the MCU and tested, it worked flawlessly. The TR-2 Rajun Cajun IMHO is the pinnacle of DIY trem projects not just because it’s a great effect but because it was a culmination of work from several people in this community.

IMG_1189.jpeg
And for anyone interested here is a link to the code for the 12f675 if you want a long press momentary function.

Last edited:
This is awesome Rob. Trem is probably my favorite modulation effect and I've built many different ones, but the TR-2 is probably my favorite. I absolutely love everything about this and really appreciate the work you put in to make the relay happen.
Haven’t had a lot of time with it yet but it does exactly what you want it to from mellow to the square wave hard chop thanks again!

I didn't get to read this thread earlier. Despite my best intentions, I didn't chuck my phone in the brook, nor did Robert nuke the whole forum. Anywho, this build is sick and slick, looks amazing inside and out. The switch programming puts this over the top! Big dog status verified. Tremolo is the best effect

Back