Gravitation Reverb

Funnel

The first of a few built I'll be posting. This one is the gravitation reverb based on the levitation from earthquaker. Its a nice little reverb, it's supposed to do the plate reverb but its a Belton brick verb so it does the Belton thing well. with the simple layout you can cover quite a bit of ground. I find that it can get out of hand easily. I I decided to go a head and actually try my hand at making graphics. I ordered enclosures and the faceplate from @amplifyfun. They turned out great. I am really happy with the results. this is a cherry on white faceplate. the woodgrain is a cool look.

Attachments

• IMG_0711.jpg
    IMG_0711.jpg
    570.5 KB · Views: 89
  • gravitation reverb.jpg
    gravitation reverb.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 92
Love the faceplate, looks great all round!
Thanks! It was an interesting process learning how to use A few different design software programs before settling on affinity designer. I’m not really artistic but it was fun pretending for a while. I didn’t think I would enjoy designing artwork for a pedal, but I did. Maybe one day I’ll learn to apply my own decals, but probably not any time soon.

Nice built. I am about to finish mine. How did you install the reverb chip from the reverse side of the pcb, is the reverb chip's label facing towards the 9v dc or towards the footswitch? Thank you in advance for answering!🙂

Nice built. I am about to finish mine. How did you install the reverb chip from the reverse side of the pcb, is the reverb chip's label facing towards the 9v dc or towards the footswitch? Thank you in advance for answering!🙂
I had issues with clearance. I soldered the brick directly to the board. Unfortunately I didn’t ensure that the bricks pins were bent to sit perfectly parallel to the board. It ended up that the brick sat slanted and I had to get creative and do some weight loss on the brick. lesson learned either socket the brick or ensure that it can lie flat against the board.

Anyways, to your question. If I understand correctly the belton brick is orientated towards the footswitch with the labelling facing away from the pcb.

I had issues with clearance. I soldered the brick directly to the board. Unfortunately I didn’t ensure that the bricks pins were bent to sit perfectly parallel to the board. It ended up that the brick sat slanted and I had to get creative and do some weight loss on the brick. lesson learned either socket the brick or ensure that it can lie flat against the board.

Anyways, to your question. If I understand correctly the belton brick is orientated towards the footswitch with the labelling facing away from the pcb.
"
"the belton brick is orientated towards the footswitch with the labelling facing away from the pcb"..... Oh okay. I got it, many thanks. Actually, what I have in mind is put a DIN female socket on it. But instead I will not install it parallel to the PCB but on the parts surface of the pcb instead. I'm not sure for now if that will work since my belton chip is still on its way.

I usually use DIN male pins on all my PEDALPCB builds especially on I/O, led footwswitch connection.

Capture 2.PNG
I have few upcoming builds that I will finished soon. I am excited to see them working.

Capture 3.PNG

Back