Greengage Overdrive too bright

Servant07

I have a Plumes on hand so I thought I would compare the two and the Greengage is way brighter. The only way I can make them sound similar is to turn the tone on the Plumes all the way up and the tone on the Greengage at about 8 or 9 o'clock.

Somebody on another site that uses the same schematic said theirs was bright too and they calculated the frequency at the first gain stage to be 1.59kHz, which I am assuming is too high for a Tubescreamer. These calculations are beyond me so I figure somebody here is able to help figure this out. I can provide pics of the Plumes if needed.

Can you talk about your "pedal tester"? That looks interesting !

Sure. It's just a plastic project box off Amazon with a couple speaker terminals for 9V/Ground and Input/Output with a DPDT toggle instead of a stomp switch. I previously used a breadboard to test, but wires would always come loose from it while turning knobs and switches so I thought this was the simplest way to lock in the wires. Here are couple more pics.

IMG_20191019_124548402.jpg
IMG_20191019_124745615.jpg

My Greengage is way too loud. I need to turn down the volume to almost 0 for a good sound.
Checked all the components and they seem to have the correct value and working Ok.
Also checked resistor 1K to be 4,7K --> also correct
Is there anyone having the same issue or have a solution?

My Greengage is way too loud. I need to turn down the volume to almost 0 for a good sound.
Checked all the components and they seem to have the correct value and working Ok.
Also checked resistor 1K to be 4,7K --> also correct
Is there anyone having the same issue or have a solution?
yes me too , too fuxxxxx loud! you need to replace the volume with log A100k pot

Back