Happy Birthday and New Releases

Yes indeed, many congrats @PedalPCB. I started building at roughly the same time and came across your offerings by pure chance. While hanging on the Tayda site, I discovered your pre-drilled enclosures and thought those a very good idea, since my metalwork skills are pretty rudimentary (along with artistic ones, and a long list of other things needing improvement, which I’ll spare you for now).

I seem to recall that this discovery was in 2021 sometime but since then I’ve built quite a sizeable number of PPCB offerings and enjoy them all. My current faves are the Caesar and Cepheid choruses but there are countless others that I will no doubt try in due course. Also, a very nice 😊 forum with all manner of earthly and interstellar interactions and apparently a very cool bunch of builders and general pedal folks. So, congrats and thanks for all you do for us DIY folks, much appreciated.

I doubt the next restock will arrive before the 11th (the order hasn't been placed yet), but who knows, things could get extended.

I still have a couple more to finish up before putting in the order. I'm working towards a personal goal, 500 projects before the official 5 year mark.

(2 more to go, 6 days remain, this should be a breeze)

I doubt the next restock will arrive before the 11th (the order hasn't been placed yet), but who knows, things could get extended.

I still have a couple more to finish up before putting in the order. I'm working towards a personal goal, 500 projects before the official 5 year mark.

Knock out an opamp buffer and an LPB-1. I saved you a week 🤣

Actually none of the utility boards count towards the total so technically we've already passed the mark.

The LPB-1 is already done (and wasn't included in the count) so that's easy enough.

We have the Kliche Buffer incoming, which is a basic opamp boost, but I bet you want a breadboard-capable utility board?

Actually none of the utility boards count towards the total so technically we've already passed the mark.

The LPB-1 is already done (and wasn't included in the count) so that's easy enough.

We have the Kliche Buffer incoming, which is a basic opamp boost, but I bet you want a breadboard-capable utility board?
Perhaps :cool:

Is the binaura already in the count? If it is, how about you add a quadraura— quadraphonic multi-effect utilizing 2 fv-1 chips ;)

maybe even an octaura— 4 fv-1s so you can do digital multieffects in 7.1 surround sound 😂😂😂

Nah that's actually an older design that was never released, nothing new.

With the shortage (and cost) of FV-1 ICs I would probably just skip that one entirely and move on to a more powerful DSP if you need more horsepower than a single FV-1.

Nah that's actually an older design that was never released, nothing new.

With the shortage (and cost) of FV-1 ICs I would probably just skip that one entirely and move on to a more powerful DSP if you need more horsepower than a single FV-1.
I’ve been looking into the fxcore a lot. Probably gonna order one and a dip adapter to start breadboarding with. I had a really cool chorus idea, but I think the FV1 is just a tad bit too weak to handle it at the capacity if like.

Check out the Daisy Seed... you don't need any adapter, it'll plug right into the breadboard.

It's more than capable and you can control your relays, LEDs, and even support MIDI with no additional microcontrollers.

(And program in C rather than Asssembly)

Check out the Daisy Seed... you don't need any adapter, it'll plug right into the breadboard.

It's more than capable and you can control your relays, LEDs, and even support MIDI with no additional microcontrollers.

(And program in C rather than Asssembly)
Can the Daisy do tap tempo (and stereo)? I honestly hadn’t ever looked into the Daisy because they were always out of stock when I’d look and the Fx core seemed more powerful, but maybe I’ll have to pick up a terrarium and mess around a bit. I’ll do the FXcore too since it seems like the most capable diy-accessible chip for relatively low latency pitch effects, but I’d like to experiment with all of the options to some extent

Ahhh, I take it you never heard the Super Daydream patch running on the Daisy....

The Daisy can absolutely do tap tempo and stereo. Think of it as an Arduino or Teensy on steroids with DSP functionality built in.

I mean, it has enough onboard RAM for 10 minutes of delay time. Yes, you can build a sampler / looper.

With all due respect to the FXcore, the Daisy kicks the s**t out of it in terms of processing power. You don't need a development board either, it has a micro USB port right there on the module. I bought an FXcore development board at release but since I got my hands on the Daisy I haven't even touched it.

Another bonus, all of the Daisy firmware is open source and schematics are available for all of the hardware.... the Seed, Patch, Petal, etc.

It's all there. You could just take your design over to an STM32 architecture if you wanted.

Last edited by a moderator:
I mean come on, check this out. (Daisy powered)

Any chance that’s the stereo deflector I suggested a while back? 😍

Edit: no dual gang pots— is it a Gen loss?
I think it’s a
I’ve been looking into the fxcore a lot. Probably gonna order one and a dip adapter to start breadboarding with. I had a really cool chorus idea, but I think the FV1 is just a tad bit too weak to handle it at the capacity if like.
I’ve got an FXCore dev board. You want?

I mean come on, check this out. (Daisy powered)
Yes please, that sounds amazing! I’m looking forward to the release of more Daisy projects.

Back