Harley Benton iso power supplies

ADAOCE

Saw an article today about HBs new line of isolated power supplies. Seems pretty legit and pricing is awesome (as expected)

ADAOCE

Cheap too. I wonder if they're actually individually isolated outputs.
It would appear that they are and is probably why the article I read was making such a fuss about them. I sort of understand why the regular brands cost a lot more but there was definitely an opportunity to just completely screw up the market especially if these things turn out to be actually good

Tremster

I had the PowerPlant ISO-1 Pro and sold it again. Some boost, dirt and fuzz pedals were too noisy, it was really annoying.
But it seems they redid the whole series, mine was an early one, I don't know.

I've been using the "PowerPlant Junior" ("Galvanically isolated") for a very long time and never had this issue

Dali

BuddytheReow

Back to the original question. Are these truly isolated given the price? There are plenty of fakes out there on Amazon claiming isolated with a dirt cheap price.

ADAOCE

Not sure how much it matters but usually the ones that are actually isolated accept an AC plug instead of a dc barrel plug. These new HB ones accept AC so that’s what made me think it was legit

mjh36

Those new ones look pretty good I must say. I might have to check one out. I don't know how to check for isolation, but I found this video.