OTHER Heads up- Line cutting service is now available for (almost) all enclosure sizes.

Bricksnbeatles

Member known well
Previous the line cutting service in the drill tool was only available for 1590B, 125B, and 1590BB(2) enclosures. I had been in contact with Hugo about line cutting for 1590DD enclosures, and as of this past Wednesday it’s available for both the DD and XX enclosure sizes. Only hold out is the 1590A, but who’s really gonna need geometric cutouts in one of those anyway?

Y’all ready to get wild with some fancy cutouts?

I thought you had a visceral repulsion to 1590A enclosures ;)

There are a very few projects that I think are suited for a 1590A.... but until I can PCB mount metal frame jacks and slide them into slotted holes in the enclosure I'm really not terribly interested.

I'd also like to use one for one of the current meter gadgets, but again, until we can get rectangles cut it's more trouble than it's worth.

I'm not even sure what we're talking about here, What's line cutting? Is this like cutting holes in the enclosure like what @vigilante does for his tube projects?

There are a very few projects that I think are suited for a 1590A.... but until I can PCB mount metal frame jacks and slide them into slotted holes in the enclosure I'm really not terribly interested.

I'd also like to use one for one of the current meter gadgets, but again, until we can get rectangles cut it's more trouble than it's worth.
I recently built an Orange Squeezer in a 1590A and it almost broke me. Measure 8 times, no 9, no 10. Now dri-NO. Measure 11 times. NOW drill. I was off by slightly less than 1mm and had to desolder a 47u electrolytic, get the shortest 16v 47u I could find so the board would fit. In the end, it all worked out and it sounds great, but yeah, way more trouble than it was worth. 1590BBS from now on 😂

WELL, that's great news, ...

IMG_20210329_175437_1024x1024@2x.jpg

...MIMIR's WELL.

... Only hold out is the 1590A, but who’s really gonna need geometric cutouts in one of those anyway?

1590A Precision Drilling.png
DIRTY-15.jpg

fdobwkzo1woxhkytzcd9.png

expanse-slider-reduced_720x.jpg

What I'm really holding out for though is when the 1590LB size is offered...

s746058359755139634_p37_i1_w2687_110x110@2x.jpg

Back