Help needed! Artwork Not Coming Through?!

Betty Wont

Please help!? Complete noob here. Haha.sorry for the sloppy build. I hope to get better. It sounds great though. Mods for tone pot, volume boost, and diode selector. I've tried EVERYTHING though but can't connect with it. Bypass works. I built this random board I found on oshpatk. It's an acetone fm2. The led lights up when engaged. I cant tell if its supposed to be like this having never had an original, but it just.... has no art. No sparkle in the paint, no depth to the visual effect. I cant seem to get the transparent color I desire. Any mods out there for more legible labels? Should I have socketed the enclosure? I have another on order in case I have to un solder it. I already have the parts on the way for a shallow water. I hope I don't have the same issues...

Attachments

• 20220113_222520.jpg
    20220113_222520.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 55
  • 20220113_222712.jpg
    20220113_222712.jpg
    583.4 KB · Views: 54

thewintersoldier

Please help!? Complete noob here. Haha.sorry for the sloppy build. I hope to get better. It sounds great though. Mods for tone pot, volume boost, and diode selector. I've tried EVERYTHING though but can't connect with it. Bypass works. I built this random board I found on oshpatk. It's an acetone fm2. The led lights up when engaged. I cant tell if its supposed to be like this having never had an original, but it just.... has no art. No sparkle in the paint, no depth to the visual effect. I cant seem to get the transparent color I desire. Any mods out there for more legible labels? Should I have socketed the enclosure? I have another on order in case I have to un solder it. I already have the parts on the way for a shallow water. I hope I don't have the same issues...
images (2).jpeg

thewintersoldier

Ok, first off, your tone will be shit if you don't have a UV print, I know that's in the build doc that every pedal has, including the schematic. Have you tried aluminum knobs? Most of the bass response is in those. Your solder joints aren't blobs, you should add a lot more solder. I noticed you don't have ridiculously long off board wiring with quick connects, common noob mistake. I noticed none of your caps are melted, that's what brings the high end sizzle. I noticed none of your solder pads are fried, is your iron hot enough? Where are your long ass transistor legs falling out of sockets? You don't have a white 3pdt washer so that can't be a culprit. You did the right thing by coming here and demanding help and not posting good pictures. Also, a good tip is to not learn to trouble shoot with an audio probe, just make sure you ramble for 4 pages and a well known member will fix it for you. You should be fine for a shallow water your next build, there's no way you could possibly mess that up.

Last edited: