Help with an onboard Tube amp reverb addition

waddis

Hi .... I have just built a Clone of a Vibro champ 5 Watt Tube amplifier...its great. I am looking at making a few for friends and would like to include reverb into it. For my prototype I stripped down a JHS 3 Reverb pedal and wired it directly into the amp only using the Mix and Delay controls and wiring the tone for a mid position. I bought the two control pots to the front panel and are really enjoying the reverb it gives. Its nice having a range from short slap back to ambient. After seeing it uses the FV1 I am now staring down the rabbit hole of FV-1, plenty of really good info around and I've begun my journey. I need to keep anything I build simple as it will just be a small chassis mounted enclosure housing the reverb circuit and doing nothing else but providing some built in reverb for the amp and trying not to look too out of place on a tube amp chassis

Would the onboard reverbs in the FV1 get me the type of reverb I'm after (similar to what I currently have) or will I need to use an EEPROM to find something slightly unique to get what the existing pedal does with the mix and delay pots

I know I will get hit with 'Just build it and see what you think' but any comments appreciated. Just out of curiosity also the example I am using has a 24LC64 EEPROM where as all that I see on the FV1 forums and the spin website are 24LC32 chips, are they compatible?

Thanks

Back