Help with understanting FV-1

DocFlo

I am looking to buy pedalpcb Arachnid pcb to mess around programming my own effects and I have a few questions about programming and loading presets:

1.) I assume I can have only one program on eeprom or am I wrong?
2.) How do I connect a few eeproms to FV-1 and then choose between them?
3.) How can I load a program that is on eeprom mechanically (with switch)?
4.) How can I load a program that is on eeprom with an arduino?

Answers to questions 2, 3 and 4 will probably be fairly similar but I want to be exact.

PedalPCB

Administrator
Staff member
1) The Arachnid PCB supports up to 8 programs on an EEPROM.
2) Two different EEPROM switching mini-PCBs are in the works, in the meantime there is a thread here describing how to wire it up.
3 and 4) Changing the voltage levels of the program select pins of the FV-1 trigger a program change. The FV-1 will load the corresponding program from the active EEPROM.

DocFlo

Can you please post a link for the EEPROM wiring thread?
How would I make an EEPROM "active"? By giving it power supply or by "turning on" a certain pin?

PedalPCB

Administrator
Staff member
To switch between more than one EEPROM you basically parallel all of the pins except for Pin 1.

Pull Pin 1 of all EEPROMs high (3.3V) through a 100K resistor. This effectively leaves them all disabled.

Now pull Pin 1 low (Ground) on whichever EEPROM you want "active". You should only have one active EEPROM at a time.

The FV-1 doesn't automatically detect that you've changed EEPROMs, so this won't force a program change. You'll need to change modes (or toggle one of the program select pins) in order to initiate a program change.