Heterodyne mini build

gonzo

Finally finished mine after sourcing all the parts here in Japan. Cd4046 was the hardest to find from the chips. Still have the wrong switch for the dpdt, but it works in two modes for now. Only setback I had was the Tl072 wasn't connected enough. It was working one minute but not the next. Took hours to track down. I guess I was too careful with the chips. I added a volume knob on he side because I felt it needs it. Some clock noise ticking, but only really when I'm not playing. Doesn't bother me. Cool but challenging build. Glad it turned out

Cool!

Not too many of these in the build reports.

I was at a shop just a few days ago hoping to source the chips. Of all the SMD on offer, the place didn't have a single one of the correct chips. So, back to hunting online.

I would go blind after soldering that many smds...

I did 3 J201 smds last night and was terrified that I would breathe too hard before I got the first leg on and never see the things again...
Just make sure you follow Pres Clinton's lead and don't inhale.

Finally finished mine after sourcing all the parts here in Japan. Cd4046 was the hardest to find from the chips. Still have the wrong switch for the dpdt, but it works in two modes for now. Only setback I had was the Tl072 wasn't connected enough. It was working one minute but not the next. Took hours to track down. I guess I was too careful with the chips. I added a volume knob on he side because I felt it needs it. Some clock noise ticking, but only really when I'm not playing. Doesn't bother me. Cool but challenging build. Glad it turned out

@gonzo where did you source the CD4046BNSR?
I can't find anyone that has those in stock.

The only place I can find one is from a seller on Ebay that wants $14 for 1 pc. (Same seller on Amazon).
I have my doubts as to the authenticity of that one.

Got mine off amazon.jp. Japan's Amazon. I had trouble finding them too. Funny thing is now I have 9 extra laying around. Wasn't a bad price. Maybe check it out if it's worth the shipping.

Back