How would I go about wiring an Awful Waffle in true bypass?

Looking at the PPCB build doc, [EDIT] it already has the buffered bypass stripped from it.

[EDIT]So, 3PDT business as usual.

Last edited:
Oh. My apologies.

I had just looked at the schematic briefly in the build doc and didn't see the P1 & P2.

Hmmm...

So the second hole on the PCB for the switch's lug2, the yellow wire, is P1 which is feeding lug 3 of the Drive...
P2 is the furthest left hole on the PCB (blue wire) feeding off Drive-lug2 but connected to 3PDT's Lug1...

My brain hurts.

I suggest:

In-Jack to a 3PDT lug2,
3PDT Lug1 goes to the Awful Waffle PCB's "In"
Jumper P1 & P2 on the AW board,
AW-board "out" to 3PDT's Lug7
3PDT's Lug 8 goes to Out-Jack

Jumper 3PDT lugs 3 & 9
3PDT's lug5 gets black wire as per build doc
3PDT's lug4 gets purple wire (switch)
optional — 3PDT's lug6 jumpered to lug1 (grounded in bypass).

Potential problems: "In" according to the wiring diagram in the build doc looks like it goes straight to C1 (10n input cap); P2 trace looks like it goes up to R5 220r as per schematic — if so, that would negate jumpering P1&P2.

That's how I'd try it, wire it up like a regular pedal as described above and ignore P1 & P2.

That's more or less what I've done but something isn't right... I'll see what dumb thing I've done!

*edit* Got it sorted! Thanks!

Last edited:
I’m having trouble with this as well the pedal is working but NO TRUE BYPASS. I have the updated pcb but there’s nothing in building documents. . How about a technical drawing?… I have also tried to do this with a 3pdt pcb and had no luck… I have a few thoughts on what to do here but I definitely need help before I go poking around again.
A-IN
B-SWITCH/ or ground ?
C-GROUND/ or switch?
D-OUT

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    554.2 KB · Views: 20
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    351.1 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_8285.png
    IMG_8285.png
    239.4 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_8286.png
    IMG_8286.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 21
Last edited:
That’s what I’d like to see! Thank you I will give that a try..Robert you are the man! Wait … so the one in my picture below is not a true bypass pcb correct?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    553 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
Yes ONLY if you have a true bypass PCB I HAVE PCB 151 it’s not the true bypass updated circuit… I’m kinda bummed I just ordered this thing like week and a half ago..

Back