SOLVED Hyped Fuzz 3 way toggle only working in 2 positions.

Barnshart

Just finished building the Hyped Fuzz circuit. Plug it in and it works great for fuzz mode 1 & 2 l.

But the gain boost that should be the third option on the toggle switch simply isn't there. My toggle goes like this.

Switch Down: Fuzz 1
Switch Middle: Fuzz 1 still
Switch Up: Fuzz 2

Boost section is totally missing, switch works in all 3 positions but there is only 2 sounds between the 3 settings.

The toggle I used is a DPDT on-on-on from Tayda. Part number is A-1840

Do these switches need to be installed a specific way? Is it possible I've got it upside down one something? Otherwise, the build looks nice and clean to me. There doesn't seem to me any other issue happening, and I see not shorts

You've got the wrong switch installed. I did the exact same thing on my hyped fuzz. You'll need a type 2 on-on-on switch. Tayda doesn't sell em and yes, I looked. They only sell type 1. Below will help explain the difference.

Those switches work the same either direction.

1677460587704.jpeg

If the board calls for a Type-2 switch however, the middle position wouldn’t be right because it would be like this:
8ECD460B-896B-47CD-A27D-A51437577CC1.jpeg

Edit: looks like Buddy beat me to it. 👍🏼

Also to add, I think they might have corrected it now, but Tayda used to list their DPDT ON/ON/ON as a Type 2 when in fact it is a Type 1.

You need a Taiway brand switch.

Hey everyone. First post ever. I also have a question about the switch. Everyone is saying that Tayda doesn't sell Type 2, but I just received my Tayda order and it seems that the one I purchased is a Type 2. I did a continuity test with my meter and this is the pinout in the middle position (see picture). Do I have the correct switch for the Hyped Fuzz build? hyped fuzz switch 1.jpg

Hey everyone. First post ever. I also have a question about the switch. Everyone is saying that Tayda doesn't sell Type 2, but I just received my Tayda order and it seems that the one I purchased is a Type 2. I did a continuity test with my meter and this is the pinout in the middle position (see picture). Do I have the correct switch for the Hyped Fuzz build? View attachment 63091
Yes. I’ve had a proper type 2 from Tayda by chance too. It’s not normal though 😂

Back