If I sent a pedal to PedalPCB could you trace it?

HamishR

I have long been curious about BJF designs. There are very few of them that I like without some kind of modification but they can be very clever and the beginnings of something which suits me well.

One of my favourite BJF designs is the One Control Strawberry Red overdrive. I would love to be able to build one with four knobs on top of the pedal because it has Volume Gain and Treble on top and a Bass trimmer on the side. I would like to build my own with the jacks along the top edge too. I suspect that it uses LEDs as clipping diodes and I would like to try different diodes in it. Things is, I can't disassemble it without unsoldering a bunch of stuff. I can't even see the circuit board without virtually destroying it - at least that's how it appears.

It's an extremely usable OD which I don't currently use because I want to tweak it! I think it's one of Bjorn's best designs. Can anyone trace it for me? Mr PCB?? :geek:

Or send it to me, I can do it too. If you disassemble it and get good clear pix of both side of the board, we can trace it that way. Might have to have you confirm some stuff with an ohmmeter, but it saves the cost of shipping it halfway across the globe.

Thing is I can't disassemble without removing the input and output jacks. They appear to be soldered to the PCB and the sockets poke out from the enclosure a fair way. It's a decent enclosure too, and unusual because it has parallel sides as it's not cast but machined from billet.

Back