informant buffered bypass question.

jcrews

Sometimes this pedal is in a chain with a klon, sometimes it's not. I was considering kicking this over to the buffered wiring, but before i did....

Do any of you guys have a clever way to put the buffer on a switch? Looking at how diff the switch wiring is for each option... It doesn't look doable.

I might not be looking at it right. I have a bunch of sub mini switches and i think i could get it in at the top above one of the knobs.

Is this a dumb pipe dream?

You can make it switchable with a DPDT switch.
checked the ole shoebox and I have one! On On correct? Is there a diagram for this anywhere?
I def understand how to run the buffered output from the board to the switch but im not sure how the switch itself should be wired with whatever is coming from the toggle.

Last edited:
I'm terrible at graphics sorry about the crayola quality. Is this what im looking for? I feel like i don't have the switch wired right in my "mockup"
I'm not sure what to do with the footswitch as the wiring layout for both versions is significantly different.

bufferswitch.jpg

Last edited:
You guys are the best. Supreme.

EDIT: works like a charm. Good sounding buffer. Not ideal to add one in well after you built, but i didn't have to pull the board or anything :) drvbufferswtch.jpg

Last edited:
Back