Informant Drive

Looks great! I've just finished mine. 2 questions:
1) my led is not working. I soldered the longer leg into + (even though the instruction seems to say the opposite). Is this correct?
2) when disengaged there's no sound passing through. I used the true bypass wiring. Any suggestion? 20201203_175119.jpg

1) my led is not working. I soldered the longer leg into + (even though the instruction seems to say the opposite). Is this correct?
2) when disengaged there's no sound passing through. I used the true bypass wiring. Any suggestion?View attachment 8190
It's hard to say because we can't see specifically which wires on your footswitch connect to the board.. It's possible your LED and bypass problem may have to do with the footswitch wiring though.

I recommend starting with a multimeter and checking for continuity between each wire on the footswitch and board, just to make sure there aren't any errors there. Then put the effect in bypass and check continuity between In and Out on the footswitch. It's possible that could be defective as well.

1) not sure what you mean about the instructions, it shows the longer leg of the LED in A (anode) which is correct.
2)the advice above is good, try to check for continuity. Just a thought, did you solder the blue wires from the jacks to the outside holes of the 3PDT board (correct), or the IN and OUT holes (incorrect)?

i attached the diagram from the 3PDT build doc

Attachments

• 19F841DF-D6C1-44B6-BDCA-6AD3AB596CD9.jpeg
    19F841DF-D6C1-44B6-BDCA-6AD3AB596CD9.jpeg
    329.6 KB · Views: 4
2) when disengaged there's no sound passing through. I used the true bypass wiring. Any suggestion?
I don't see anything obvious in the picture, but the input jack does look dangerously close to shorting out on the enclosure

Back