Information Database Discussion

Username123

This thread is for anything relating to the Information database. The information database will be referred to as ID for short in this thread. The purpose of this thread is to ask questions about information on the ID. If I can't help you, I will try to get someone with more experience and knowledge to answer your questions. This thread will also take suggestions for new topics or categories in the ID. I will only choose 1 suggestion per day and it may take 1-3 days to put it on the ID. Have fun learning!

This thread is for anything relating to the Information database. The information database will be referred to as ID for short in this thread. The purpose of this thread is to ask questions about information on the ID. If I can't help you, I will try to get someone with more experience and knowledge to answer your questions. This thread will also take suggestions for new topics or categories in the ID. I will only choose 1 suggestion per day and it may take 1-3 days to put it on the ID. Have fun learning!

Just to be clear: Is the ID and actual wiki or external database or just a thread here at PedalPCB?

The former has great potential as a resource where topics can be delineated from each other and sorted. The latter could still be very useful but could very quickly be difficult to weed through and search.

I agree completely Big Monk. It could be potentially difficult to weed through and find information. This is opposite of what I intended for the database. I don't know exactly how I would go about forming an external database or wiki. I don't have the resources for it. Right now the ID is in a very experimental phase. If it doesn't meet my original expectations, than I will just rename the post, and then it will be buried. One of the measures I'm trying to prevent having to weed through and search for information would be to confine it in 1 thread and create an index to easily find subjects.

I think it’s good to compile stuff in that thread as you see fit for now and see where it goes. It could get locked and pinned so it can be visible.

It could also serve as reference for the wiki depending on what PPCB wants to do with that. Personally, I think community participation in the wiki would be good for taking that project off his plate.

Also, you might want to edit your first comment on the ID to ask people not to post discussions in it so it doesn’t get out of hand.

I like to use bold for this kind of thing

or maybe fancy colors

I think it’s good to compile stuff in that thread as you see fit for now and see where it goes. It could get locked and pinned so it can be visible.

It could also serve as reference for the wiki depending on what PPCB wants to do with that. Personally, I think community participation in the wiki would be good for taking that project off his plate.
I agree. Part of the idea for this discussion thread is suggestions. If somebody wants to contribute something, I would be more than happy to add it. Right now I just got to gradually build it. I think the next topic for the
ID will be basic component types and how they work generally and how they are used in the context of pedals. I could definitely use some help with that, because I don't know all that much about electronics!

There is a Pedal PCB wiki. It has some basic information on it, but I feel like this is the kind of thing that would be good there. Not sure what the future plans for the wiki are, but it might be worth dropping PedalPCB a line considering the work you're putting in.

Also, sorry to hear about your grandma. I've got something similar going on, so I feel ya. Best wishes to you and your family.
Thank you for your kind words. I appreciate it. Best wishes to you and your family too. Sorry you are going through something similar.

Back