Information Database

Username123

Please don't comment or start a discussion on this thread. An information database discussion thread is intended for comments or discussions.
I am going to create an Information Database (or ID for short) that offers an accessible and easy way to get information on a multitude of projects and subjects. This will include anything from transistor biasing, IC substitutions, graphic printing, and component sourcing. My goal is that people looking for info will see this and not get overwhelmed searching for a thread and have an easy and clear way to find information. If this Information Database is a success, then there will be less repeated questions asked, which can be frustrating for the person answering the question. I am not saying questions are bad, but repeated ones get well... repetitive. I may also create a new thread that will take suggestions for specific info, or feedback for formating the ID.
Let's begin!

Last edited:
Category 1: Transistor Biasing And HFE
One of the best sources for info about HFE is Chuck D. Bones thread on it, titled What's all this HFE stuff about? On this thread, Chuck gives a great explanation on HFE, and goes into some detail about biasing.

A slightly more complicated write up by Chuck, Biasing BJTs part 1,2, and 3 are excellent resources. Some novice and intermediate builders may be overwhelmed by some technical terms and somewhat difficult to grasp concepts.

That's all for today. I will post tomorrow.

Last edited:
Got some new stuff to add finally! This is a pdf that goes into a ton of detail about anything from power amps to speaker cabinets. If you want to build a solid-state pedal amp to have on your pedalboard, this is a great resource. It has a little over 100 pages on power amps and 100 pages on preamps. Not to mention it has probably at least 100 diagrams and schematics. Have fun! https://www.jeanpierrepoulin.com/PDF/transistor.pdf

Back